It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
What is this type of beat called

Recently I have been getting this type of beat mainly during rest.

beat/beat, beat/beat, beat/beat

Let me try to explain it in more detail. It's a double beat, the beats do not occur in fast rapid sensation

It''s just a slow and steady (I will try and break it down into example pauses)

Boom (1/3 second pause) Boom (3/4 second pause) Boom (1/3 second pause) Boom (3/4 second pause) Boom (Rinse and Repeat)

Is this Bigeminy, couplets, etc......

I remember telling my cardio this rhythm was one of the variations I get. But it seems to be the most frequent one. He did not seem fussed. And I know they mentioned Couples and triplets in hospital and did not seem fussed.

I mean if I am resting and get up and walk around, i can get it to beat like normal, but then sometimes resting again, it comes back to that beat.

Other times I will get the double beats in amoung some normal beats at rest. This is on top of my common skipped beats.

I know I get ectopic beats, PVC's, now before I run off to the E.R or hassle the GP or cardio again. Anyone know what this type of beat is and whether it will kill me?

Sigh here comes me stressing again And I was doing so well.

Last edited by Jimmysyd; 02-01-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: What is this type of beat called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysyd View Post
... I know I get ectopic beats, PVC's, now before I run off to the E.R or hassle the GP or cardio again. Anyone know what this type of beat is and whether it will kill me? ...
My heart NEVER beats correctly. Sometimes it just beats better than at other times. I can never predict, or guess, how my heart wants to beat at any time. Pauses...... double beats....... fast beats...... slow beats....... strong beats...... weak beats..... etc.

And..... on top of all of those weird, irregular beats, I've had to deal with Heart Failure over the past 25 years.

For the past 25 years I have also had to consider if the mis-behavior of my heart is serious enough for me to go to the hospital.

The first thing I do when my heart starts beating uncomfortable or worrisome, is to take slow, deep breaths and then let it out fully, and then repeat over and over again until my heart hopefully settles down. This works for me most of the time. If I have chest pains along with the beating problem, I will take a nitro, provided my blood pressure isn't too low at the time.

The worse my heart beats, and the more problems I have with breathing, weakness, mental confusion, sweating, chest pain; the more I will consider either going to the hospital or calling 911. Fortunately, over the past 25 years, I have always been able to calm my heart down and I have not been hospitalized for the past 25 years.

Thought my experiences and solutions might be of interest to you.

Take care and good health!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 02-02-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: What is this type of beat called

Thanks for your response, they are always welcome.

I just posted Coffee and PVC's. Strange but true so far. Hardly an off beat within hours of posting the comment to this thread.

I just pray it continues to help me. Maybe my heart has a coffee addiction.

As I spent years drinking it, even to the point I bought an expensive machine that would make me cafe style coffee's all day every day.

Maybe cold turkey was a huge mistake.

Closed Thread