It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
(male)

Fitman40 HB User
What can cause chest pains?

Sometimes I'll have a pain in my chest, but not for very long. Recently, I got up out of bed and suddenly felt a sharp pain in the middle of my chest, but it only lasted for about 1 second and went away. The middle of the chest is where my heart is, right?

I've heard 1 out of 3 people in America die from some sort of heart disease, so I was just wondering if chest pains can be caused by things other than problems with the heart. Should I be concerned about every chest pain I ever have, or is it only worth worrying about if it's really bad or frequent?

Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: What can cause chest pains?

If it constricting, heavy (like someone is sitting on you) and lasts for more than 5 minutes, then you call emergency.

A chest pain lasting a couple of seconds, and is sharp, more so muscular. Maybe even some reflux.

Google Heart attack symptoms and you will get more of an understanding on heart pains.

Certainly not what you are describing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: What can cause chest pains?

Chest pain can be from alot of different things, our first thought always jumps to hearts and death though . As ^^ said, heart attack pain is crushing and deep, usually with other symptoms. I have talked to people who have had heart attack, one a 36 year old who has had 5 ( !), and they say the pain is unmistakable.

Yours? probably musco-skeletal. I have had similar pains too and just tried to touch my shoulder blades, and it "popped" out.

Other causes are anxiety, anger, over straining like exercise, and acid reflux or similar. Do not fret every little pain, only if it is really "there" and if it it has other things like pain in arm or faintness.

Closed Thread