It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
(male)

SEOguy HB User
Exclamation Undertanding my meds

I am 50 and had 4 major issues last April , my injection fraction was 15% now its 35% I have lost 50 lbs , dont drink and and smoke all stopped by me last april.

My main issue is I cant seem to get a doctor that can give me balanced meds seems I feel well for a little bit and then bam suddenly back to not breathing well , I call my doctor but I live in Florida and the older people flood the doctors here so they become money mills .

I need advise from people that have CHF I have 2 kids and sick wife so I have to be around to take care of them .

Thanks

Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Undertanding my meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEOguy View Post
I am 50 and had 4 major issues last April
Sorry to hear that you have been thru such an ordeal. One good thing on your side is that you are a relatively young man. I suffered from Heart Failure back in 1987 and was able to hold my own for quite a while but as I reached my 60's, my Heart Failure got a lot worse.

Quote:
... my injection fraction was 15% now its 35%
That was a very nice gain in your ejection fraction! Congratulations on the progress. Hopefully you will be able to get it much higher as you continue to improve.

Quote:
I have lost 50 lbs , dont drink and and smoke all stopped by me last april.
Sounds like you are on a better, more healthy diet. Stopping smoking was huge! Nice going!

That, plus appropriate exercise, are keys to getting better, IMHO.

Quote:
My main issue is I cant seem to get a doctor that can give me balanced meds seems I feel well for a little bit and then bam suddenly back to not breathing well
Since 1987, the worst problem I have had with Heart Failure has been difficulty breathing. When someone has Heart Failure there are all kinds of things that can cause breathing problems.
  • An interaction with other meds.
  • An interaction with foods or drinks.
  • Eating too many carbs.
  • Straining the heart.
  • Too much sodium.
  • Too much potassium.
  • Too much calcium.
  • Lying down.

What do you mean by "balanced" meds?

Quote:
I call my doctor but I live in Florida and the older people flood the doctors here so they become money mills .
Hey, watch that! I am near 70 and live in Florida, so I am part of that flood of oldies! Buts.... not to worry about me, I am more of a drizzle than a flood.

I go about once every three months to the Cleveland Clinic, which I LOVE! It's like walking into a deluxe resort. Tis a nice experience as long as one "vacations" there feeling healthy.

Quote:
I need advise from people that have CHF I have 2 kids and sick wife so I have to be around to take care of them .

Thanks
I posted a thread a while back with the title: What I have done to survive Heart Failure & AFib with a high quality of life.

The direct link is: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/742271-what-i-have-done-survive-heart-failure-afib-high-quality-life.html

I hope that you continue to get better and that you will have many good years with your wife and kids! Take care.......!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 04-22-2012 at 12:51 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
Vyking (04-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
(male)

SEOguy HB User
Exclamation Re: Undertanding my meds

Thank you for your help.

thank you once again

Last edited by moderator2; 04-23-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
(male)

SEOguy HB User
Question Re: Undertanding my meds

Thank you for your time and answers , I am on 2 diertics now

furosemide 80 mg once in the morning

spironolactone 25mg once in the morning now .

I also take.

plavix 75 mg

simvastatin 40 mg

losartan 25 mg

coreg 6.5 morning one at night

and CO Q -10 4 times a day.

some night my breathing is really bad and I feel a choking sensation and I cant swallow so I am not sure what more they can give me.

I really have to watch my diet I was at 275 now 223 lbs and no smoking no drinking.

I had 15% injection fraction and I am up to 35% so its not that bad compared to 15%.

I had not seen I needed coreg 2 times a day and was not taking it last night I did and felt much better.

and other advise would be great.

Closed Thread