It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

kyomagi HB User
heart pounding in chest

Basically I felt my heart beat beating hard for 10 or so beats. But I also felt my pulse in my neck. I had no other symptoms at all. Current heart rate is about 83 a minute. Anyone have these? I mentioned this to my cardio a few years back and said not to worry

Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: heart pounding in chest

My heart gets agitated for short periods of time by cigarette smoke, or pollen, or allergens or vehicle exhaust.

If I consume too much potassium, sodium or calcium, or chocolate, or caffeine, or carbohydrates during the day, my heart beat will become erratic for long periods of time, either too slow, or too fast, or too hard or too weak.

When my heart starts beating hard, it usually lasts for quite a while. I wish my heart would stop it's hard beating after just 10 beats.

I hope that you can find the cause of your heart beat irregularity and take corrective action.

Regards.......

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
(female)

OhHappyDay HB User
Re: heart pounding in chest

Kyomagi,

Hello! I hope you are feeling better! Sometimes our hearts can do this when we all of a sudden stand up from a sitting position or even just sit up really fast from laying down. Changing positions quickly can make our blood pressure drop all of a sudden but comes back. Sometimes it can be caused by medications you're on too...like blood pressure medication. If it continues I'd still mention it again to your doctor, just to be safe and especially if it worries you. There are other possible causes too...if you can feel your heart racing but it feels like it's out of sync with the rest of your heart then it could be another cause. But like I said, it's always better to be safe and speak up than to just let it go...listen to your body . Hope you feel better soon

P.S. I am sooo not a doctor and the advice I gave you is from my personal experience only.

Closed Thread