It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
(male)

hearthelp1 HB User
Coming heart attack or anxiety

For the past week or so, I have been having (comes and goes, I am very anxiety prone as it is...):

shortness of breath
palpatations
pinching pain in the upprt left arm
pinching pain in the right/left upper mid chest

and now recently (yesterday and today):

pinching pain in the jaw (right)
arm (mostly left) sometimes go numb
dizziness

last night I was curious and tested my bp - it MAY have dropped after working out from 125/80 to 107/75.

I'm scared this may be a heart attack or my body telling me it is coming. I dont have insurance. At what point should I goto the er? I dont want to wait, but, I dont have insurance and dont want to go if its not necessary.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
(male)

Willk46 HB UserWillk46 HB User
Re: Coming heart attack or anxiety

Do the pains come on with exersion and go away with rest? If not, it is probably anxiety. Your only 39 and unless you have a lot of other risk factors I doubt it is heart related. It is normal for blood pressure to be slightly lower after exercising than before (but not during!). I don't think a regular stress test costs too much. It would help rule out heart causes. If you have one done then keep going as long as you can. Don't let them stop you just because you have reached a certain heart rate. The longer you go has valuable prognostic information (google Duke Treadmill Score). If you go on the anxiety board and look around you'll probably see a lot of the same symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread