It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
(male)

tbh8644 HB User
PVC's. Please help!

So I recently started taking the med Geodon. I have been anxious about it's side effects but even prior to taking it had what I thought were palpitations. I got myself into such a frenzy last night that I went to the er and they gave me an ekg which the doc said was normal. I told him my concerns regarding the cardiac side effects for Geodon and he said everything was fine. He did say he heard pvc's when listening to my heart but said they're extremely common and that he probably even has them. This hasn't stopped me from freaking out when they happen. I'd say in an hour I may have 5. They especially seem to happen when I am sitting - with poor posture - at the computer. I just hate the feeling and the pit in the stomach feeling it leaves you with. Can anyone shed any light on these. I'd greatly appreciate some words of advise. My mind has literally been in my heart *** day.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
(female)

MrsPM HB User
Re: PVC's. Please help!

Although I've never been diagnosed, I think I get PVCs or maybe PACs. From what I've read, they are supposedly harmless unless you have some underlying heart disease. I would say since you got evaluated by a doctor and was told that everything came back normal, that there's not anything seriously wrong. It's a scary feeling though because it's out of your control and they make you feel like something is seriously wrong. In fact, for the past week I had a run of something and think it was likely PACs or PVCs. I would feel a pause then a strong beat and my heart rate was over 100 and that's while taking a beta blocker! It caused me great anxiety, but they subsided yesterday, and I just feel so grateful today to have my normal rhythm back.

I would say to keep an eye on your symptoms but try not to panic if they recur. If they persists, you might want to go to your doctor to get another opinion. I read that Geodon may cause a fast or irregular heartbeat, so you might want to ask your doctor about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
(male)

tbh8644 HB User
Re: PVC's. Please help!

Thanks so much for the response. i appreciate it and it brings some comfort. It's more the cycle that bothers me. The pvcs bring the anxiety and the anxiety brings the pvcs. It doesn't seem to stop.

Closed Thread

Tags
pvc's