It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Question For those who get PACs and/or PVCs...

How many:

Do you typically get on your worst day?

Do you typically get on your best day?

When they are at their worst, how long does it last?

And most of all, how do you deal/cope with them?

I have had them off and on for years. I primarily get them the week prior to my period. I get both PVCs and PACs and some short bursts of SVT. I have had all the tests...they said to learn to live with them...that I am fine.

There are days I get several per minute for a couple hours. And other days I get none. Today, I am getting one every few minutes. It really just drives me nuts. I cannot get used to them.

I take 12.5mg of metoprolol which keeps the SVT at bay but not much for the skips. Magnesium HAS indeed helped a lot...I think more for the PVCs and not the PACs....but not sure. The frequency did decrease with high doses of mag. However, not enough.

Honestly, I am 38 and feel half my life is dictated by these things. I want to be a good mom and have a happy life while I have one...but I am so worried and distracted. I also take klonopin for anxiety which really helps...but again, not enough.

I hate these things and I want them gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
(male)

Metsfan70 HB User
Re: For those who get PACs and/or PVCs...

First, to answer your questions, on my worst day I will get several hundred. Usually 2-3 a minute for a majority of the day. I go thru periods where I will get them for weeks at time and then all of a sudden they will disappear. My last episode was about 3 months ago. They lasted for 3 weeks straight. Each day was about the same with several hundred. I have yet to figure out what triggers them. However, I did finally discover that exercise (high impact cardio) does get rid of them for awhile. I would go to the gym after work and do about a half hour of cardio and they would be gone for the night.
I know exactly how you feel. I've had all the tests done and am perfectly fine. There are days when I ignore them to some degree and don't really worry much about them. But there are other days where they absolutely drive me crazy. The only advice I can offer is to try and figure out what causes them. Stress? Caffeine? sugar? If you don't exercise, give that a try. Everyone should exercise anyway. Finally, and I know this is easier said than done, do not get anxious. I have yet to accomplish this but each time I get them it is something I tell myself over and over.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread