It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
(male)

wayne101 HB User
Considering ablation

Hi, I am new here but have read many many posts about SVT, PVC, etc. I just got done wearing a holter monitor for 5 weeks and it finally recorded a heart rate of 223bpm. I have had a slow heart rate 46bpm most of my life and the skipping beat issue for 20 years. I am 48yo now and the fast heart rate and skipping beat at the same time problem started about 9 months ago. Only 2 occasions of lightheadedness have occured in the 9 months with around 50 occurences of fast HR skipping in total over the 9 months. Last Saturday was the worst when I felt I was going to pass out 3 differasnt times within 10 minutes of recording it on the monitor. My symptoms do not happen that often. It can happen 2-3 times in a day or week and then not happen for a month then happen again 2 times in one day etc. Very erattic happenings. The electrophysiologist told me yesterday that I really need to have the EP test and the ablation depending on what they find. She talked alot about if the extra electrical signal was too close to my primary signal (AVRNT) then they would stop the procedure and inform me about the pacemaker that would have to be put in if the ablation caused my primary signal to no longer work right.

My point in this long rambling first post is.... My symptoms do not occur nearly as often as the other posters here do. I am very concerned about the possible pacemaker thing. My mom died at 58 of a heart attack and my grandfather on my dads side had over 15 heart attacks in his life so this stuff runs in my family alot. Anyone care to share their opinions/ or experience in the decision making process about having this done or not done would be very appreciated. I guess I do not have much time to make the right decision one way or the other. I am leaning toward not having it done due to risks versus amount of times it happens. Thank you for your patience in reading all this stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
(male)

ESJAYDEE HB User
Re: Considering ablation

Wayne101 - I had an ablation for SVT/AVNRT earlier this year. The MDs seem to think that the SVT has been disposed of, which is good news. However, since the ablation, I've felt very frequent, persistent PVCs, which are in and of themselves quite unsettling. My EP has said they are nothing to worry about, given no underlying heart issue. Also, they insist the ablation has nothing to do with the increased PVCs since. I'm not convinced however, since it would be a rather odd coincidence that these started days after the ablation. I would do some additional research on that point - in fact, I've put that out on this health board, and hoping to hear if others have had a similar experience. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
(male)

wayne101 HB User
Re: Considering ablation

Thank you very much for your reply. Ya I would say the MD is not possibly familier with a case like yours or else they just do not know if an ablation causes more issues like that or not. From the many other posts I have read you are not the only one that has happened too. I will continue my research as well as continue to hope to hear some other experience strength and hope and or issues from other posters. Thanks again.

Wayne 101

Reply Reply