It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
(female)

25ellie HB User
Confused

Can anyone tell me the difference between an Angiogram and a cardiac catheterisation coronary arteriography?
Got to have thae latter in 6 weeks and was told the risks are 1 in a 1000 of dying
I had a stress ECG yesterday that showed differences in my recover heart beat/rate
Cardiac doc also put me on beta blockers and aspirin
Got to have a 24hr monitor in 2 wks too
I have been treated for stress and anxiety for a while but pushed for his test
Could this still be stress?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Confused

Hi in my understanding the Angiogram merely looks at the blood vessels of the heart with the aid of radiation and dye. The catheterization means they do the above also but add a catheter which is a wire like thing that may be covered in plastic and put up the vessels of the leg into the heart. It was not clear what symptoms have been suffered why was the doctor consulted?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
(female)

25ellie HB User

I have suffered with panic and anxiety for 22 years
9 years ago had 24hr tape and stress ECG and all normal
Suffered 2 major panic attacks in the last 6 weeks both diagnosed by paramedics
First one
Breathless, chest pain in centre of chest, dried up thirst in throught as if my throat was closing and dizziness
12 pad ECG and all obs by paramedics normal and they said panic attack.. Was on the motorway at he time and carried on the 300 miles home ...worst day of my life
2nd attack again driving, pain in head and confusion followed by pulsing head but no palpitations but within minutes say 3 or 4 an exhausted heart breath as if I'd ran a marathon, I was sat down driving. Paramedics didn't do ECG but all obs were normal and they again said panic attack. Days later I went to my gp as still wasn't feeling at all well and he reluctantly sent me for stress ECG yesterday, ended up with ECG, X-ray and stress ECG
Just had a call from gp as he's had results and he says on my recovering resting beats on my ECG I had abnormal waves. They,ve also put me on a beta blocker and aspirin
GP has said it still could be stress and panic attacks ?
My dad died at 35 of heart attacks
Very anxious and worried

The following user gives a hug of support to 25ellie:
sjb (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi the solution to anxiety according to some is:

Avoid sweets which is said to cause panic attacks

&

find someone else on this planet who needs something or is suffering and cause that person as great a happiness as can be mangaged.

According to some, heart health is benefited by a healthy lifestyle including a daily walk and good nutrition avoiding animal meats and products most of the time. It is meat and cholesterol that cause a sludgy build up inside blood vessels and block them!
peace sjb

Last edited by sjb; 05-30-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: punctuation

Closed Thread