It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

tudibump HB User
I am so confused!

I am preparing for surgery. My PCP ordered a Nuclear Stress Test.

The treadmill exercise report stated "Positive exercise stress for inducible myocardial ischemia by EKG critera."

The Myocard Spect Mult report stated "Test negative for inducial myocardial ischemia baed on myocardial perfusion scan."

Now I am scared to have surgery! I do not know what to do! Any advice on these conflicting tests? My PGP is out of town....of course.

The following user gives a hug of support to tudibump:
sjb (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: I am so confused!

Hi welcome to the heart disorder board. First I would choose to try not to panic. Second realize that sometimes tests have false positives and false negatives. Of course a second 5 star health professional could be consulted at a 5 star hospital for any further work or testing.

Of course healthy lifestyle things such as avoiding meats, sweets, lots of fat especially the hydrogenated type and a healthy walk everyday is something I would choose.

All decisions are of course up to the individual because that is the body they have to live with and they are only given one in this life so it is important to take care of it right. One can educate themselves about the body and its proper care etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

tudibump,
You mention surgery - what is the surgery you are having?

Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

You need to talk to the surgeon on what all this means, or your cardiologist. You need to ask quesions when these things come up so you can gain medical knowledge. Knowledge is the key to greater health decisions and choices. And what type of surgery are you looking forward to having done. Is it bypass, or some other proceedure? Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Closed Thread