It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
(female)

chanda713 HB User
many symptoms and doctors wont listen

I am a 35 year old mother of 3. My first symptoms started a year ago and I went to the er they did blood work, xrays,ct,ekg and everything came back normal. From that point on I have had chest pain(left side) on and off since. In april the chest pain,shoulder pain, sore throat, abdomin pain, extreme fatigue started but much worse. Ive been to my doctor a number of times since april. she has done ekg, blood work and stress test which all came back normal. She did give me anitbiotics for my throat but a few days after taking it my throat started hurting again.My chest pain comes and goes along with shoulder pain. I also have palpitations on a regular bisis.She gave me meds thinking acid reflux and that did not help.As for the extreme fatigue I am a very neat person stay at home mom so I do a lot of laundry and cleaning and the past few months even light housework seems to drain me. And since i have kids they are active and love to swim and I cant sit out in the heat/sun with them because it make me very tired. Ive asked my doctor to check me for heart disease since I smoke (havent smoke in a couple of weeks)and she told me no your to young to have heart disease. One doctor tried to push it off as depression I told her Im not depressed and another its all in your head. I know Im not depressed and its not in my head. I told my most recent doctor I know there is something going on i know my body and something just isnt right.any suggestion this is driving me nuts!!!!

Last edited by chanda713; 06-08-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: added something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: many symptoms and doctors wont listen

Hi I would try the cardiac doctor on my own and maybe get a different professional for a second opinion as far as my family doctor. I would check the reviews to see how the new doctor is liked by others before making an appointment. I am glad there is no more smoking, that is important to stay off of. Did the doctor do a throat culture?

Did things seem worse after the antibiotic?

Exactly where is the abdominal pain?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

chanda713 HB User
Re: chest pain, extreme fatigue, shoulder pain, sore throat

In April when I first went to this doctor my throat wasnt hurting it was just chest,shoulder and ab. So she did an ekg and blood work. The very next day my throat starting killing me but I didnt think any of it. then I received a call from the doc that my blood work was in everything was normal but my white blood count was off so she call in antibiotics. Took them for days throat stopped hurting and like two day after being off med throat started hurting again. This past friday the chest pains came back,shoulder,sore throat and lower ab pain with a vengeance.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: chest pain, extreme fatigue, shoulder pain, sore throat

Hi I want to welcome you to the boards, by the way.

Is the pain lower right, middle or lower left? All the time? Intermittent? I might try a heating pad if it feels good, if not I might try cold. I would also get an ear irrigation bulb and irrigate the back of the throat with warm salt water using 1/2 teaspoon salt and 8 ounces of warm water. I would stir the salt and water together well by using the bulb to draw the solution in and out several times. At night I would wet a hand towel with warm water cover it with plastic wrap this around the neck with a bigger towel outside and clip it. I would leave it 3-4 minutes, ice the neck 30 seconds, and repeat this complete activity 3 more times finishing with cold, dry real well then cover the neck with a different perfectly dry towel and go to bed for the night. I would do this each night until it feels good again. Sometimes fairly young people have heart disease. The arteries can build plaque or the valves can be damaged or murmurs can be present when born.
It is important to drink plenty of water but not too much and not too little. sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
chanda713 (06-08-2012)
Reply Reply