It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
(male)

jackson300zx HB User
Unhappy Feeling "dizzy" often please help

Hey all, my first post....Just looking for some help.

First my background, I'm a 27 year old computer repair guy. I'm 5'10 155lbs. I am a couch potato but in the past 3 months or so I have been lifting weights and riding bike for an hour alternating every other day or so. My only known medical condition is a heart murmur.

My issue is a few months back I would get these "dizzy" spells that would last a few hours some days I wouldn't feel right all day. It was a dizzy, off, weird feeling. Almost like I might faint, but I never felt like I was going to faint. Its hard to describe. Every now and then I get a sharp pain in my chest to, very pinpointed. I can press the area with my fingertip. I also have gotten pressure in my chest that after I have for a while I pop a aspirin or 2 and it seems to make it go away. Not sure if those are angina kinda pains or if it could just be muscle which I hope....

So I went to the doc several times and seen a cardio doc as well. They put me through a bunch of stuff, let me try to remember all. Blood tests, chest xray, ekg, portable heart rate monitor for 2 weeks, I think thats it.

Then I went to see a nero doc, he checked everything out and thought it could be a pinched nerve or I forget exactly what.... But he sent me to get a cervical pillow and physical therapy.

The Physical therapist checked me over and thought it could be something getting pinched or narrowed due to my poor posture. He suggested I do some neck stretches and excessive and use the cervical pillow.

I seemed to kinda get better after doing this stuff, but the symptoms return. I try to correct my posture all the time and stretch my neck but it don't seem to be going away again. So I don't really think that it is the issue.

I have been monitoring my blood pressure the past few days, the top number seems to fluctuate between 115 and 126. The bottom 68-78
My pulse is always reading in the mid to upper 50's. Which I think could be low? I'm haven't always been very active, like I said I'm a couch potato. Just the past few months is when I started biking and lifting weights, so I don't know about my pulse. When I was with one of the doctors she did say that I lost a beat when she raised my arm in the arm which she says shouldn't happen. But she also kind of disregarded that.

A few days ago I was feeling really bad and my blood pressure was 140/88 pulse 80 another time it was 141/80 pulse 116. In which those times I think I was driving, so I wasn't active or anything. I just took some Tylenol and rested and felt better after a while.

Also a little info about my diet, I live alone and I'm single. So I do eat a lot of premade foods. I never use extra salt, and I always try my best to buy things with lower sodium. I also try to eat a banana just about every single day. I'm on the road a lot so I do snack on cereal bars, nut bars, chips, that kinda stuff. I try to eat wheat bread, I barely eat red meat unless I grab a burger at a fast food joint which isn't often. I eat a lot of chicken, drink green tea.

More info, I drink 2-3 beers at the most a week mostly not even that. I smoke off and on 2-4 smokes a day. Right now I haven't for 2 weeks or so.

Any help I would really appreciate, I thank you very much ahead of time. I tried to include as much info as I can to help you help me. Please give me some clues to look for or things I can try to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
(male)

jackson300zx HB User
Re: Feeling "dizzy" often please help

Another bit of quick info, I don't have any allergies that I know of. I don't take ANY meds, and I try my best not to take any kind of meds for anything. I don't get sick to often other than this feeling. Maybe once every 3 years I might get ill other than some sinus issues once a year.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
(male)

jackson300zx HB User
Re: Feeling "dizzy" often please help

Help?

Could any of these symptoms be related to maybe pinched nerves in my neck maybe?

I forget if I mentioned, but every once in a while my right cheek will get a very slight numbness. Just enough that I recognize it, not paralyzed in any way. And only my check, nothing else. Also they did do a echo on my heart as well. And I think there was something they looked at in my neck, which is why I went to see the nero and then to physical therapy.

Reply Reply

Tags
dizzy, heart, pressure