It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

KunaIdaho HB User
My husband is dying from Marfan's syndrome and I'm lost....

My husband has been treated for many aneurysms due to Marfan syndrome over the past 25 years that we've been very happily married. He has a new aneurysm, though that is not operable and we were told he'd most likely not live another year. I'm just totally lost as to what to do/how to support him/and how to quit crying all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: My husband is dying from Marfan's syndrome and I'm lost....

I am sorry you have had this bad news. You will find the strength to cope and support your husband. You have been through so much together. Put every unnecessary thing out of your lives and take each day as it comes. I wish I could give more. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
(male)

1angusss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KunaIdaho View Post
My husband has been treated for many aneurysms due to Marfan syndrome over the past 25 years that we've been very happily married. He has a new aneurysm, though that is not operable and we were told he'd most likely not live another year. I'm just totally lost as to what to do/how to support him/and how to quit crying all the time.
Be there for him and love him like you always have. We lost our 13 year lod son to cancer. The Docs gave him 6 months and he lived a year plus. Its not easy but be strong and know he is going to a better place. God bless you and give you the strength to be strong.

Rick

Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings KunaIdaho! I am sorry about what is happening. I hope the needed comfort is gotten.

I found out Candida albicans can cause aneurysms also so I would at least stay away from sweets to avoid strengthening that problem since Candida loves sweets.

If a cry is needed it might be best in my opinion to try crying out of his presence maybe with a walk outside or doing something to get the mind off of things by helping others to decrease his stress. Sweet words to him may also be useful. Of course everyone can decide what they would like to say and do. Peace sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-24-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo

Reply Reply

Tags
aneurysm, death & dying, dying, husband, marfans syndrome