It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
NeedHope99

Please Update on Chronic Pericarditis?!

Hey LaurieRob,
I know that this is 6 years later and the chances of you seeing this posting are almost nil but if you see this can you update me on where your at with your Pericarditis today? I am in the exact same boat that you were in, nothing else wrong with me just this reoccurring pericarditis exactly as you described. I feel like I'm better for a couple of months and then I over exert myself (doing NOTHING but just trying to live modified inactive life since illness) and boom I have the pain and exhaustion again. Had it for 3 years now, and am off work for the first time in my life trying to get symptom free. There are so few resources/info on this can you please update me, did your reoccurrences eventually go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User
Re: Please Update on Chronic Pericarditis?!

Hi, sorry I am not laurierob, and I cannot find their post, but just wanted to let you know my experience of chronic recurrant pericarditis.... I first had it about 14 years ago and it has become a sort of autoimmune response in that it will recur whenever I am fighting something else or get run down. I don't very often get colds etc but I know I am fighting one if my peri plays up.

For the first few years the recurrances were quite bad, but gradually they lessened in severity and frequency so that they do not bother me much at all now. My treatment has always been diclofenac, but last year I got into terrible problems by taking it and ended up more ill than I ever was with pericarditis.

My treatment in future will be just to give in to it occaionally and rest, and take natural anti-inflammatory remedies and diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply