It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
(female)

Farrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB User
Still not getting answers about heart!

I posted a few weeks ago about my situation. Im 30 and thin. Dont smoke and used ti drink a bit. I've been "sick" for 6 weeks now. I have intense head pressure,rapid heart rate which goes up and down all day, palpitations, palps In throat and head,Hair loss,left rib tenderness, adrenaline surges, fullness Inthroat, weakness, Lower back pain, burning in stomach areachest pressure and short ess of breath 24/7. The heart and not being able to breath correctly wake me up often at night.I get a few hours of sleep since my mom is currently with me but mornings are hard my heart rate is offen about 135 when I get downstairs and I'm so weak. It's an awful unexplainable feeling. I want to call 911 when this occurs.

I've had numerous tests done
Echo gram
Stress echo
2 holter monitors
6 ekgs
Extensive blood work
Ct- head and chest with contrast
MRI-head
Breathing test
Barium swallow which I have not recieved yet

Pretty much all is normal they say. I feel horrible. I can't take care of my children and Ive become depressed about it all. If this isntmy heart what is causing all these crazy symptoms?????

Old 06-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Still not getting answers about heart!

I'm sorry no one has replied to you. Probably no one knows how to answer since you've had all those tests come out normal. Have you had any blood work done?? The only thing that sticks out in my head is an over active thyroid. Or hyperthyroid. I believe heart palpitations are a symptom. Please look online at those symptoms for over active ( not under active, or hyPOthyroid, as those symptoms are totally different) and if it seems to match up to what you are feeling, discuss with your doctor. A simple blood test can diagnose you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 06-30-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

Thank for your reply. I sound totally hyper thyroid but my levels are good. Full thyroid panel all within normal range. My tsh is a little over 2. My antibodies have not came back yet so maybe if they're really high that could be it. Thanks for trying to help.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I have lupus, and have had similar problems with my heart, shortness of breath, etc. Lupus can cause rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, hair loss, weakness, some gastrointestinal problems, headaches, etc. If you haven't been tested for this, I would ask for all the tests that are related to lupus. These are not done on routine blood tests. You want a sed rate, CRP, ANA, chem panel and CBC (probably already done), and a urinalysis for starters. Please also review symptoms of lupus and see if any others match up, like sun rashes, joint pain etc. You also have not mentioned your BP. Some thin people have low BP, and even the slightest dehydration can drop your BP to levels that make you feel awful including tachycardia (fast heart rate), weak, etc. Try to get your BP checked sitting, then after standing 2 minutes. If top number drops 20 points or more- you have orthostatic hypotension, which can be caused by lots of things like meds, dehydration, anemia, low salt levels in blood. People whose normal blood pressure is 90-100 on top cannot withstand much of drop without feeling bad.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
(female)

Yes I have done all those blood test although not a urine test. I'll have to check that blood pressure trick. My norm BP is about 110/76.

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-17-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
(male)

JackBlack2012 HB User

Hi - it's been a few weeks - any update on this and how you're doing?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
(female)

Wow so caring that you are checking up on me!Thank you

I've had better week with less sylptoms but still having weird senasation on night that keep from sleeping I'm waiting on a few more tests and follow up with my cardiologist next week!

The following user gives a hug of support to Farrah10:
sjb (07-18-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah10 For This Useful Post:
sjb (07-18-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
(male)

JackBlack2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah10 View Post
Wow so caring that you are checking up on me!Thank you

I've had better week with less sylptoms but still having weird senasation on night that keep from sleeping I'm waiting on a few more tests and follow up with my cardiologist next week!
Good to hear about symptoms. What tests are you waiting on? I'll be curious to hear how they turn out. Hope everything is okay, but I know it's frustrating cause sometimes you WANT them to tell you something's wrong with you...

I'm headed to the Cardiologist tomorrow...

Out of curiosity - how long did you wear your holter monitors for?

Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings, I am sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. I would at least see if a daily one hour walk in sunshine to tolerance before 10 a.m. or after 2 p.m. is useful. I would also walk a few minutes before meals and start slowly working to a brisk walk and ending slowly. I would start the walks with only a few minutes per day adding to the minutes daily. This may strengthen the heart a bit and the melatonin and exercise may help a person sleep better. Also I would avoid any computer monitor or T.V. screens one hour before bed time the light may interfere with a deeper sleep. I would also eat the last meal of the day several hours before bed and only a light meal with a peice of fruit and a peice of bread. If food is eaten late it can give bad dreams and interfere with sleep. Sleeping more deeply in the first place may help a person with health. A daily cool or tepid shower in summer and a bit warmer in winter may allow a kind of sedative action to the nerves and relax a person but it might be better in the morning on awakening. Peace, sjb

Reply Reply