It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

Dareyou2live HB User
Random "shocks"

Hi, for the past two weeks or so I've been getting these feelings in my chest, that feel kind of like a shock. It starts in my chest then goes down my arms, more so in my left arm. It doesn't hurt exactly, it's just uncomfortable and it kind of feels like pins and needles, but I can really feel it travel through my arms, like a slight shock. It only lasts a few seconds, and then I feel fine but I sometimes feel tight in my chest after, It has happened at the weirdest times too, like when I was walking around and then when I was laying down about to go to sleep. I'm only 15, and I just want to find out if I should be worried about this and talk to my doctor or something, or if I should just ignore it. I read several of the other posts, but my feeling isn't as intense or startling, and I don't start shaking or anything. I play several sports and am really active, and I eat pretty healthy. I also don't think this is caused by stress or anxiety because it's summer and I'm not stressed out! If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing these shock things and whether I should be more worried, please respond!

Old 07-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Random "shocks"

Greetings Dareyou2live! Welcome to the healthboards! I hope you find what is needed.
I know people are getting things at younger ages nowdays it would not hurt to go to the emergency room to get checked just in case. When people eat foods with animal products, fats and sugars, their blood vessels tend to fill up with a fatty type of plaque which has potential to block heart blood vessels at younger ages. Yes, I would go ahead and get it checked. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
heart, nervous system, shocks