It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
(male)

Gojoe HB UserGojoe HB User
ICD questions

My doc says I am working my way to an ICD. Despite lots of meds and an improving ejection fraction, my heartbeat still gets irregular at times and I feel like I am passing out. I actually did pass out once in a store when my heart went into a prolonged irregular rhythm. I really don't want an ICD, but I also don't want to be without one in case my heart stops. Are there alternatives? Any positive stories from people with ICDs in place? Thanks.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: ICD questions

Greetings Gojoe! Have a hug for this situation. The very fact that a person would not want to be without one if the heart stops and they passed out in the store and meds were already tried might be some kind of flag to help a person make the correct decision. At this time Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator might be one of the best things around to keep it going. The risk to putting one in is supposed to be low.There are life threatening risks to putting it in such as blood around the heart and infection can also occur.

Also a person must ask themselves considering the things which have happened the risk of not putting one in. The medicines often are not that healthy for the kidney's and liver and washes the rest of the body in the chemicals put in anyway if it is any comfort. The Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators's I have seen do seem rather large. It seems that one the size of a small computer chip and covered with non toxic material such as steel might be good if they are available yet. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. I wish the best, my sympathies. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-13-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply