It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

celestialkel HB User
Question accelerated heart rate at bedtime?

Hi everyone...

I am really concerned that something may be wrong with my heart and hoping to get some advice!...I am 44 years old and 12 years ago, I was diagnosed with hypertension after my son was born. I have been on Toprol XL ever since, and started out taking 50 mg once daily. Well, my BP got too low, so my doctor lowered my dose to 25 mg once daily, and it seemed to be fine. Just recently ( like in the last 4 months ), I have been having a very rapid heart beat as soon as I lay down at bedtime. I'm not sure if it's happening sooner and I just notice it when I get still, or if it's just at bedtime. Heart disease runs in my family, and my grandad had Tachycardia, so I'm wondering if it is that??. Another thing, I get pain in my left shoulder sometimes ( feels like a sharp/throbbing pain ) and feel out of breath, but I do have Asthma as well, so not sure if that is what it is or not. I see my doctor in 2 days, but wanted to see if anyone here has Tachycardia and if so, what treatments/ meds. are you on?. Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: accelerated heart rate at bedtime?

Greetings CelestialKel! I would want a 5 star review cardiologist evaluation not a general practitioner. If there is pain in the left shoulder calling 911 to go to the emergency room might be a good idea in case the cardiac enzymes need checking for a myocardial infarction or other immediate threat to the welfare of the heart. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-16-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: addition made for clarification

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: accelerated heart rate at bedtime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialkel View Post
... Just recently ( like in the last 4 months ), I have been having a very rapid heart beat as soon as I lay down at bedtime. ... Another thing, I get pain in my left shoulder sometimes ( feels like a sharp/throbbing pain ) and feel out of breath, but I do have Asthma as well,
Hi celestialkel.

Four months ago, did you change the detergent that you were using to wash your bedding? Do you use a fabric softener?

The bed is a high allergen, high irritant place. When your body reacts to the chemicals or allergens of the bed, it can cause tachycardia, palpitations, higher blood pressure and breathing difficulties.

Good luck at the doctors.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
sjb (07-17-2012)
Reply Reply