It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
(male)

tricodanny HB User
Question Ectopic beats without symptoms

As an avid runner I always enjoyed a low at rest heart rate of 48-50 bpm until recently. About 3 months ago my pulse became irregular and elevated (114-118 bpm) as I simply began walking on the treadmill. Currently when running I experience no dizziness,shortness of breath,chest pains or faint feelings and I notice my pulse lingers around 120 bpm after a couple of 10 minute miles for a couple of hours. Has anyone experienced similar physiological responses without feeling your heart beats through the usual flutters or flip-flops,etc.? Also, out of concern for this irregularity I now am cautious to the point of limiting the miles per week that I run as well as the speed I run at.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Ectopic beats without symptoms

Greetings Tricodanny! Welcome to the Heart disorder healthboards! I would not bother with the treadmill if signs of body difficulties are being presented. Walking is the best exercise in the opinion of many. A visit to a cardiologist or other health professional may help determine if there is truly something wrong with it. I am sorry about these troubles may the desired support be found. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Ectopic beats without symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricodanny View Post
... About 3 months ago my pulse became irregular and elevated (114-118 bpm) as I simply began walking on the treadmill.
Sounds like your heart's electrical system gets over-stimulated. This could be from caffeine; too much carbohydrate in diet; encounters with chemicals, pollen, allergen, irritants, etc.

Do you have allergies or asthma? Do you smoke or are you around others who smoke? Drink coffee or tea? Eat chocolate?

Quote:
Currently when running I experience no dizziness,shortness of breath,chest pains or faint feelings and I notice my pulse lingers around 120 bpm after a couple of 10 minute miles for a couple of hours.
Have you ever experienced dizziness,shortness of breath,chest pains or faint feelings?

Quote:
Has anyone experienced similar physiological responses without feeling your heart beats through the usual flutters or flip-flops,etc.? Also, out of concern for this irregularity I now am cautious to the point of limiting the miles per week that I run as well as the speed I run at.
I've been dealing with Heart Failure and Persistent Atrial Fibrillation for over 25 years. My heart flips and flops and races and beats strongly and beats weakly and beats slowly and skips beats, etc., quite frequently. In fact, if my heart EVER beat normally, then I would worry!

I am 70 and I do up to 500 pushups per day, 300 weight curls per day, 12 minutes on my stepper, one hour power walk, 20 side weight lifts; and 10 minutes on my bike.

I will delay my exercises if I have any worrisome symptoms, such as dizziness,shortness of breath,chest pains or faint feelings? If I feel pretty good, I'll do my exercises regardless of my heartbeat and heart rhythm gyrations.

I am not suggesting that it would be healthy for you to do as I do. Just giving you things to think about from a different perspective.

Regards, and best of luck and health, from a fellow, but retired, runner.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Reply Reply