It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
(male)

lance4510 HB User
is this a heart problem

i am a 25 year old over weight over a pack a day smoker and for almost 2 years now i have been having chest pain and left arm pain. i have been seen by a cardiologist and she did ekg, electrocardiogram, stress test, holter monitor 24 hour and 14 days. Everything has came bad fine but i don't understand how i can have constant chest and left arm pain and nothing be wrong. The last couple of weeks i have had ear ringing and brief sudden deafness in both ears off and on. also feel kind of out of it like hard time thinking and remembering things and sometimes have to stop and thinking about what i am saying. so i don't know if i have blocked arteries or what but i am worried about it and need some answers as to what could be going on. do the test that i mentioned above show blocked arteries? Thanks for your replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: is this a heart problem

The only 100% sure way of knowing if you have blocked arteries is by having an Angiogram (Cardiac Catheterization).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: is this a heart problem

Greetings lance4510 Welcome to the healthboards! My sympathies. A cardiac enzyme test might be useful. I would quit smoking, walk to lose weight, eat a mostly plant based diet avoiding fats, sweets, alcohol, chemicals, food additives. A visit to the eye ear nose throat physician might be useful to find out what happened in the ears. I might want an angiogram of the head or Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the head for blocked arteries or aneurysms might be good to check for if he finds nothing. Often when people are overweight arteries and blood vessels fill with plaque and arteries in the heart and head are both vulnerable places. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 08-08-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: words added to comply with abbreviation policy

Reply Reply

Tags
chest, disorder, heart, left arm, pain