It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
Is daughters fast heart rate ok!

My daughter is 21yrs old, she felt unwell over the weekend but is ok now, but i took her pulse when she was feeling ill and it was about 110bpm, here we are four days on and it is still at 112 bpm, is this ok. She has asthmas but is overwise healthy, is it ok to leave her heart beating this fast for this long. I only ask because i have heart failure and the one way i noticed something was wrong was because my heart kept racing over 100bpm, and i slowly went down hill until they took me in hospital and did tests.

Do young women have fast hearts like this?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Is daughters fast heart rate ok!

The average resting heart rate for an adult is around 70 ~ 80 beats per minute, if you are an athlete this can be much lower.

If it's continually over 100 bpm I'd have it checked out.

Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vyking For This Useful Post:
cazajacks (08-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

No, that's not normal. It's not high enough to be dangerous in the short term, it could be just a side effect of getting sick, but yes, if it continues get it checked out.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
cazajacks (08-02-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User

Hello, thought i would do an update as my daughters heart rate is now 120 to 126bpm!

What happened i think, to make her heart go so fast is last Saturday night (6 dasy ago) she was in a night club dancing, one of her friends thought it would be funny to put a bit of ecstacey, in her drink, (sorry can't spell it but its other name is MDNA i think) She rang me at 4am panicking as she felt so strange and was frightened. One of the female friends told her what this guy had done, She came home ,and now her heart rate has been this high and has not gone down, could this drug have caused her heart to go this high for this long. Her friend said it was only a small amount he put in her glass!

I have made her a dr's appointment for Monday evening, and she seems to be fine otherwise, she is still going to work etc. Should i be really concerned that it is going this high now.

Thank you xx

Last edited by cazajacks; 08-03-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

I have no experience with illicit drugs but I don't think her heart rate should be that fast after 6 days.

If her friend thought it was funny your daughter should be looking for new friends.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
(female)

AuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB User

I, too, have no knowledge of the after effects of this type of drug. As the increased heart rate started right after, it stands to reason that the drug ingestion most likely set things in motion and she definitely needs to see the doctor. For your peace of mind, in the meantime, I've had a consistently high heart rate for the past month... as high as 130 at one point. We're still looking for the cause. But, a cardiologist told me that a rapid heart rate (tachycardia) is not considered dangerous unless it goes above 150. Hope all works out for your daughter.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntNanc For This Useful Post:
cazajacks (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
(female)

JennyGxx HB User

Hiya, I can tell you that MDMA does cause increased heart rate to I expect if she's never had this before the drug would be the cause. I think she should still see a doctor though xx

Reply Reply