It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

Mallorymarie88 HB User
What is going on? Blue veins in palm?

So I am going to make a long story short. About 2 weeks ago I was driving and all of a sudden my heart felt funny and I kind of lost my breath. My left shoulder started hurting and tingling. Totally freaked me out! That night, I ended up in the ER. They did an EKG, Chest xray, bloodwork and said I was fine and sent me home. My shoulder continued to hurt on and off for the next week.. I started to think it was a pinched nerve or something. Over the past year or so I notice if I stretch a certain way and tilt my head to the left, it kind of gets stuck and it HURTS to move my head back straight for a bit and it slowly goes away.

A week passes and I went to visit a friend. I woke up and noticed that my left hand was hurting like a dull ache, and all of the veins in my palm were VERY visible again. I went to the ER again. This time they did and EKG and blood work, another chest xray, then monitored me for 90 minutes and repeated the EKG and bloodwork. Everything was fine.

In between those 2 visits, I also went to a cardiologist. He told me that I was fine and needed to go drink a margarita. Anyway... I went back to the cardiologist today because I was pressing for a Echo stress test. I had it done today. Everything went great, he said my heart looks perfect. He said I am out of shape and gave me a workout plan to follow.

Afterwards I went to the mall and bought myself a feel better gift (haha). I felt totally fine. I hopped in the car to head home and noticed that my left hand was aching. My pinky and ring finger were really throbbing and my arm felt weird. My hand felt SO cold. I kept wanting to stick it between my legs to warm it up. Also my veins in that hand were bright blue and I could see them all... kind of freaky. What the heck is going on with me? Now thinking back there have been times over the past year where my left hand is really sore after waking up, it has even woken me up before throbbing between my thump and first finger. I never thought anything of it.

I am 24 years old, 5'8 and I weigh 200 lbs. I have lost 80 lbs since October of last year. For the past 3 months I have been walking on the treadmill pretty frequently. I have no health problems at all. I have had my thyroid checked, had an MRI of the brain 5 years ago, and a spinal tap due to migraines and vision problems. This issue now is really concerning me! My shoulder still hurts, its like the top of my left shoulder, and it hurts under my left arm and under my left shoulder blade. My mom gave me a massage and seems to think she feels a knot. She may have said this just to calm me down though.... gotta love mamas!

What the heck is wrong with me??? I am about to have a heart attack or something? Surely one of those tests would have shown abnormality.
3 EKGS- Normal
2 rounds of blood work- Normal
24 hour holter monitor- Normal
Echo Stress test- Normal

Anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply