It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

anneh HB Useranneh HB User
Mitral Valve Prolapse and dental implants

Everything I read suggests its safe to get a dental implant if you have MVP but does anyone have other information? I have to decide between an implant or a bridge and concerned about any hidden danger with implants. Thanks for info anneh

Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Mitral Valve Prolapse and dental implants

Greetings Anneh, My sympathies on the decisions that must be made, everyone is in charge of their own healthcare. Well having teeth and food well chewed and mixed well with the saliva is very important to health. Having said that I must also say that if an infection develops from the implant and goes to the heart and causes an endocarditis or infection of the valve it would not be good for it in my opinion.

Antibiotics are available for infection but they are not necessariy always effective or a guarantee that nothing will happen. Also yeasts or Candida Albicans can occur with the antibiotics. Therefore if the implants are chosen and antibiotics are taken I would at the very least avoid sugar, walk daily and eat more grapefruit, lemons limes kiwis, garlic and onions to help avoid infection if the medicine taken does not somehow conflict with it. I would also do scrupulous mouth care including rinsing the mouth thoroughly by swishing with warm water and an oral syringe if permitted, brushing the teeth, flossing. Following that I would use warm water held in the mouth for about 20 minutes, replacing as the temperature is not as warm. this would allow the circulation to increase with the warmer temperature to help the white blood cells to eat any germs in the area in my opinion. Peace, sjb

The following user gives a hug of support to sjb:
Machaon (08-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply