It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
(female)

carab201 HB User
PAC's with each swallow

I have searched the internet for weeks and I am hoping to find someone that can help. I'm 40 years old and no real health problems. In the past month I started getting what feels like a skipped heart beat with every swallow of food. At first it came and went and now is constant. About 2-3 seconds after I swallow I can feel the palpitation. I have had 2 halter monitor tests, event monitor, stress test, and echo. The doc said she saw the PAC each time I pushed the button on the event monitor and that it was benign. I can even feel my pulse as I swallow and feel the pause. It also happens now when I burp. My primary doc and cardiologist both see what is happening but have no explanation. I know they are saying it is benign and not harmful but it is very stressful dealing with this at every meal. Has ANYONE had this before and if so what can be done to stop it? Thank you for reading and any help is much appreciated!

Reply Reply