It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
30 day heart monitor - freaking me out!

I had some heart flutters awhile ago I think were happening because of my hypothyroidism. They went away after I was put on the right dose of thyroid medication, but the doc wanted me to wear this 30 day heart monitor that records continuosly.
I have had the thing three weeks and nothing has happened until last night. I was sound asleep and the thing went off on it's own and woke me up. I looked at the monitor and the battery was low and needed changing, but it also told me to call the monitoring center and transfer the recording. The nurse said "I was good to go", and when I asked her if everything was alright she said yes, and that "it was nothing to call the doctor about". REALLY???? Then why did the stupid thing go off???? It's scared the crap out of me! Has anyone else had this happen to them? Why does it go off by itself when I felt nothing? It worries me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
(male)

youngerman78 HB User
Re: 30 day heart monitor - freaking me out!

susieq0726- I've had a 30 day monitor before. I had numerous times where I pressed the button when I felt something, and each time I did, I freaked my wife out as she thought I was in serious pain or something. I would then tell her that it was just that I felt "something" and just wanted to record it. I had the monitor beep at me a few times when the battery was dying or when I should send send the results to the service center. Freaked me out each time too. However, should not be anything to be alarmed about. Just call the center if you have any questions and ask them to review your results. If there isn't anything for you to be sent to the hospital right away, they most likely will either tell you nothing or that everything seems ok (I asked once or twice). They aren't doctors, so they probably won't tell you anything. Anyway, I wouldn't be worried about the monitor...just be observant on how and what you feel. Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply