It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
ashley1233 HB User
Is there something wrong with my heart or am I just worrying? So miserable! pls help.

Last thursday I was sat at work and noticed that when I put my head onto my chest (as if looking at my feet) I could feel a pain right in the middle of my chest. Sort of like a muscle twinge but i would only feel it when I looked down . But I hadnt done any exercise/gone to the gym for a while. And me being me (a worry wart) started thinking the worst and going on google and of course heart attacks etc came up . And as I started to worry i started to get more symtoms. That same day both my arms became heavy and numb and i was getting cold chills,i lost my appetite and felt sick so went home. Ever since then it is constantly on my mind 24.7 i feel as though I will have a heart attack at any second during the day. I am an emotional wreck. I wasnt going through any stress or anything so it can't be that. But I do think the worst whenever my health is involved. Anyway for the next few days i was aching everywhere. the muscles in my arms hurt so bad and i felt tired and weak so didnt go into work. I also started to feel weird chest sensations, not so much painfull but definately not normal. My chest felt heavy (it still does a week later) and i would get random sort of shooting pains, its hard to explain -sometimes on the left sometimes on the right. The initial pain has gone though (when i looked down at my feet). But when you have never had chest pains before it is horrible. I went to the doctors yesterday but he just sat and stared at me and couldnt really say anything.my left arm was in severe pain. he took my blood pressure and checked my heart beat and that was it. So i have booked in for an ecg test because my head is all over the place. But will this proove there is definately nothing wrong with me if it comes back fine? Some mornings I am fine but then when i come into work i get the symtoms again (sore arms and chest ache/pain) because im thinking about it?? I just feel like s***. Please help

 
Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 27
JackBlack2012 HB User
Re: Is there something wrong with my heart or am I just worrying? So miserable! pls h

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1233 View Post
Last thursday I was sat at work and noticed that when I put my head onto my chest (as if looking at my feet) I could feel a pain right in the middle of my chest.
I have had this happen to me. I had these same symptoms as you, and when I would bend forward to pick something up from the floor, I'd had a sharp pain in my chest. It went away a day or two later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1233 View Post
And me being me (a worry wart) started thinking the worst and going on google and of course heart attacks etc came up . And as I started to worry i started to get more symtoms. That same day both my arms became heavy and numb and i was getting cold chills,i lost my appetite and felt sick so went home. Ever since then it is constantly on my mind 24.7 i feel as though I will have a heart attack at any second during the day. I am an emotional wreck. I wasnt going through any stress or anything so it can't be that. But I do think the worst whenever my health is involved.
I feel your pain! Whenever I have a problem like this, I feel I'm going to have a severe heart attack at any second - so bad that I won't be able to move and call for help. It's pretty terrifying. What's worse is that even when you feel better, your mind is plagued with thoughts about what will happen next time. So, I know how you feel. The good news is that you always feel better and you're odds of dying are very low. It's easier said than done, but try not to let your mind get the best of you. I have noticed that when I panic and freak out, symptoms are much worse. If I'm able to calm myself down, they go away faster and even if they're still there, they're not as bad. It's not "all" in your head, but a lot of it is. Get in the most comfortable position you can be in, take 2 deep breaths, breathe normal and don't try to fight it. Just surrender to the experience knowing it's going to happen and let it pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1233 View Post
Anyway for the next few days i was aching everywhere. the muscles in my arms hurt so bad and i felt tired and weak so didnt go into work. I also started to feel weird chest sensations, not so much painfull but definately not normal. My chest felt heavy (it still does a week later) and i would get random sort of shooting pains, its hard to explain -sometimes on the left sometimes on the right.
I had this as well. They are similar to flu-like symptoms with the muscle pain and feeling week. If you stay in bed all day this can happen, along with not drinking enough water. You should be drinking 1 to 2 liters of water a day. Your circulatory system (among other things) will thank you for it - and you'll feel better hydrated. Being dehydrated can be a horrible experience, especially if you have other issues going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1233 View Post
So i have booked in for an ecg test because my head is all over the place. But will this proove there is definately nothing wrong with me if it comes back fine? Some mornings I am fine but then when i come into work i get the symtoms again (sore arms and chest ache/pain) because im thinking about it?? I just feel like s***. Please help
Let us know how you're feeling and how the ECG goes. If you continue to have more symptoms, go back to the doctor for more tests. Heart symptoms can be caused by so many different things in the body - it may not be heart related at all. But, a good ECG test is still a good thing. My cardiologist told me the odds of me fainting, dying from a heart attack or anything like that are extremely low - I'm more likely to get struck by lightening. So at least you know that your symptoms are just that - symptoms. You'll be okay, it just may take some time for it to go away or to get it figured out.

Keep us updated!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply Reply




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Machaon (77), Vyking (50), sjb (25), JJ (22), ladybud (18), started04 (15), rosier (9), Beefsteak (8), cvcman (8), Bob652 (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1165), MSJayhawk (1000), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (833), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (747), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!