It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
(female)

gsmom HB User
Worried about Dad

My father is 66 yrs old, in very good physical health, ideal weight, doesn't smoke, very, very active and happy. He tells me a few days ago he started feeling I'll in the middle of the night. He walked into the bathroom, got sick and collapsed. He was able to crawl back to bed but layed there with the chills an cold sweats all night. In the morning he started feeling better but called his dr anyway. He saw his doctor the next day and was sent straight to hospital for tests. He had numerous tests done that included blood work, EKG, ultrasound, heart monitors etc. he got the results today and was told all was fine, no blockages but that he'd had a heart attack probably caused by a blood clot that is now gone. He has a referal to see a cardiologist.

My question is how much should I worry, is this cause for continuing concern, what are the chances of it happening again? My Dad is in another province but I worry about him. He also tends to down play things.

Thanks for any insight

Gsmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
(male)

All Heart HB User
Re: Worried about Dad

Hi. Glad your Dad is feeling better. I am 63 years old and had a heart attack 30 years ago. Your Dad should do well if he has a good cardiologist. He may need an angioplasty to determine blockages in his arteries. He may need a bypass surgery but all that is very routine these days. Be sure he knows the symptoms of a heart attack and is not embarrassed to call 911 for help or have some type of quick response system.
Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply