It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
(female)

emerson10 HB User
daughters b/p and h/r ?

Hi there

my daughter 21, has been feeling unwell on and off for a while she seen the doc and doest seem to take much notice....today her b/p is 98/43 and hr 115 is this normal...please and thanks for your time

The following user gives a hug of support to emerson10:
zip452 (09-13-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: daughters b/p and h/r ?

A Diastolic reading of 43 is low and considered to be Hypotension.
If this is making your daughter unwell dizzy etc; she needs to see a Doc.
Her heart rate is slightly high if she is resting, which makes me think that it's working much harder than it should be to pump blood around the body - which in my opinion is not good.
However, I am not a Doctor and this is only my opinion.

I wish your daughter well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #3
(female)

emerson10 HB User

Hi Vyking

I went back to the docs yesterday by which time her readings were normal, i showed the doc my monitor with the readings on it and still they dont seem to worry, doc said prob a virus... only thing is i have been back and forth for the same thing over a long time.... the other evening was quite scary as she had a really severe shaking head to toe teeth chattering...her sister noted also that her nails and around lips become grey/blue.......i even explained this to her doc and .....hhmmmmm ooohhhh....."come back in 2 weeks if not better".....its so frustrating .....but a big thanks for replying...ps....yes she has been feeling dizzy and faint also told doc...and nothing

Last edited by emerson10; 09-06-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: forgot something

Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
(male)

JackBlack2012 HB User

I'm 24 and have had the same symptoms.

The dizziness/fainting is most likely due to the low blood pressure. Lying down helps with this as it takes virtually no blood pressure to pump blood sideways.

If she is somewhere and feels light headed, she can hunch over with her hands on her knees and get her head down. If she's sitting down, she can try putting her head in-between her legs.

Just tilting her head down - tucking her chin into her chest can help (I do this nearly every time I stand up)

Take her blood pressure often and see what different readings you get. Most notably, when she is and is not having symptoms.

43 is definitely low but not severely low. Anything under 40 and she should see a doctor ASAP.

I would suggest sea salt or Himalayan crystal salt on her food - this can help raise her blood pressure a little so she feels a bit better.

She should be drinking at least 1 to 2 liters of water a day. Staying hydrated is extremely important. If she does have a virus, drinking an adequate amount of water will help flush it out of her system.

Let us know how things go...

Last edited by JackBlack2012; 09-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User

Hello. I am 24 and I have been having similar symptoms. Ask for basic blood tests and a basic urine chemistry and culture. I have had a series of infections, etc. and the doctors also don't seem to take much notice. They keep saying "come back if it gets worse" I do go back the next day or the next week and it is worse and they still don't care. Your daughter is lucky that she has you to help advocate for her. My mother has sabotaged my ability to access care so I am finding it even more difficult to find out what is going on. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
(female)

chalcedony HB User

Hello Emerson,

"the other evening was quite scary as she had a really severe shaking head to toe teeth chattering...her sister noted also that her nails and around lips become grey/blue."

These observations to me indicate that there seem to be a problem with blood circulation and oxygenation. I agree with carzy. Assert to have blood chemistry tests and even Arterial Blood Gas determination. These tests will tell you something about tissue perfusion.

The desired normal BP according to American Heart Association and for a 21 year old is:
BP = 90-119mmHg systolic over 60-79 mmHg diastolic.

Your daughter's BP which is 98/43 may not be of any great concern.
The bottom number represents the diastolic pressure while her heart is at rest in between beats. According to AHA, a number under 80 is healthy for adults.

Unless accompanied by dizziness, fainting or shock when BP becomes lower than 90/60 and heart rate is lower than 60 beats per minute, do not be concerned.

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-14-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
(female)

chalcedony HB User

The normal heart rate by the way is 60-100 bpm.

I hope your daughter is well now.

Last edited by chalcedony; 09-13-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
(female)

emerson10 HB User

Hi jackblack carzy chalcedony

Thank you all for you suggestions they are of great help, now i know what i can ask from the docs and also the tips will be useful Thank you all again for your input... my daughter has been ok after that episode i have made sure she is drinking enough and eating well...if it happens again i will post back but mean time i wish you all well ......Blessings

Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
(female)

chalcedony HB User

That's good she's well now. Hydration and proper nutrition is best to promote a healthy life. The blood pressure is just one of the vital signs that will tell us something is wrong when they are out of the normal range. Take Care of your own health too.

Reply Reply