It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
(male)

j2012 HB User
Heart rate/rythm during exercise

About 2 months ago i was playing football and during a sprint i felt my heart rate go crazy. It felt like the beating was more like moving in a diffrent way than normal but at an uncontrollable rate.

My GP referred to a cardiologist but the wait was over 6 weeks. I carried on doing jogging and got back into my football but the same thing happend again during a match, so i decided not to do any exercise untill i got seen by cardiologist.

Today i seen the cardiologists but the tests are going to take over 8 weeks to do and diagnose. They have told me not to exercise untill the results are back.

I have two questions to ask:

Has anybody here got an idea of what they think these episodes are? Ive been having light headness episodes since and some heart palpitations but i think that may be due to the anxiety of it all. My chest also feels tight/restricted.

The other question is what do you suggest i can do to keep me occupied. Ive been told no strenous exercise but i dont no what to do as i used to play football or exercise almost everyday, now im wary everytime i get my heart rate going haha.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
(male)

JackBlack2012 HB User
Re: Heart rate/rythm during exercise

8 weeks? What tests are you going to do?

You must live in Canada or somewhere with nationalized health care. I saw my cardiologist the day after my initial "episode" and had all tests done within a few days. Must be stressful having to wait so long!

Anyways, I have had similar episodes as you. Heart race/palpitations/light headed. The light headed is probably your blood pressure dropping. When that happens you can lie down or bend over. Lying down takes virtually no blood pressure.

Drink plenty of water. As in, 2 liters a day. As long as your doc says it was okay, I would go on walks. Nothing strenuous - but keep the blood moving - you don't want things to get worse.

To keep you occupied? Watch tv, play computer games, read, go to the movies, that's all up to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
(male)

j2012 HB User
Re: Heart rate/rythm during exercise

I'm from the UK and there is a long wait on the NHS!

Yes it's really stressing me out i get wary everytime i get my heartrate up haha.

I hope the stress isn't making things worse, but i can't help thinking about it.

Reply Reply