It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
(male)

andrewd HB User
heart attack and didn't go to hopsital?

hello, i made a big mistake several years ago where i had od on ecstasy and had the feeling of impending doom and my heart was beating too fast to which i calmed it down by breathing deeply for like a day instead of going to the hospital. i just realized now the severity of my actions of not going to the hospital as i had not realized it couldve been a heart attack. i had a EKG done last year because i felt like i couldn't breath and my heart wasn't pumping enough i had like 40 BPM for like a week but my doctor told me i was fine. my questions are how does one tell after if your heart has been damaged and what to do now that the damage is done? and if i had a EKG done couldn't the doctor have seen the dmg that was done after i had the incident with the drugs? also does the damage affect your life to the point of noticing? such as running and you notice you cant run as well? because besides the one incident of low heart rate and not being able to breathe as well that one week i don't notice it affecting anything else.

Last edited by andrewd; 09-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: heart attack and didn't go to hopsital?

If there was any damage, it most likely would gave shown up in the EKG. but you could also have a stress test or an echo and they might show something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
andrewd (09-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
(male)

andrewd HB User

Would taking aspirin before affect my results from the ekg? i dont recall when i took the aspirin it mightve been a day before or a couple hours before the test.

Last edited by andrewd; 09-08-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
hello, i made a big mistake several years ago where i had od on ecstasy and had the feeling of impending doom and my heart was beating too fast to which i calmed it down by breathing deeply for like a day instead of going to the hospital.
Ecstasy effects the nervous system. There are some medical experts who believe that Ecstasy can damage one's nervous system, which could cause your heart to misfire or race, and could cause breathing problems. It wouldn't necessarily cause damage to your heart or a heart attack.

Quote:
i just realized now the severity of my actions of not going to the hospital as i had not realized it couldve been a heart attack. i had a EKG done last year because i felt like i couldn't breath and my heart wasn't pumping enough i had like 40 BPM for like a week but my doctor told me i was fine.
It takes training, education and experience to properly read an ECG (electrocardiogram). Many health professionals misinterpret ECGs. You might consider getting a second opinion and having a medical professional with a good reputation at ECG interpretation re-read your ECG.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
andrewd (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
(male)

andrewd HB User

hi machaon thanks i have one question though i don't remember if i had taken a aspirin that day or like a day before would that affect the results of my EKG? because i don't have insurance anymore and getting another ekg would be expensive.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
... aspirin ... affect the results of my EKG?
The only way that I can think of for aspirin to effect the results of your EKG, or to give you heart palpitations, or effect your heart beat or heart rate, or your breathing, in any way would be if you were allergic to aspirin.

OTOH, any time that you are taking drugs, either prescription drugs or other kinds, you have to be aware of the side effects and long term effects of that drug.

In other words, be careful and kind to your body and your body will be kind back to you.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 09-09-2012 at 01:19 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
andrewd (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
(male)

andrewd HB User

oh alright thanks i was just unsure as to whether or not the aspirin would alter my body and make the EKG test give wrong readings or alter the results in someway that would give a wrong diagnosis. regardless im going to try and save for echo or stress test. thank you.

Reply Reply