It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

iKaycee HB User
Heart Attack Symptoms HELP!

Hello. First of all, I am Kaycee, 20 years old, Female, and from the Philippines.

Last August, after a long nap (which I took after eating lunch), I woke up feeling lightheaded. It was a bad day too, for it was raining really hard and had a massive black-out (it was storming). And during the blackout I felt dizzy and my head was aching (at the back part; just above the nape), and I was told that it was a classic symptom (well according to the elders in our country) of high blood pressure. I got really scared and panicky and I really thought that I was going to have a heart attack. I also remember that my mom has a weak heart (as far as I know).

Our medical doctor in our school advised me to have an ECG (or EKG?) because I told her that I have palpitation episodes and fainted once (due to fatigue. I was a ROTC trainee). I took ECG and the results came back normal.

And after reading some articles, I have learned that the ECG results are not fairly accurate (especially to women) and that scares me a lot. I have been feel dull thuds on my chest (especially after reading the heart attack symptoms) and pains. I could also feel that my heart skips a beat or something. During classes or whenever I'm not doing anything, I would put my heart over my chest and feel my heart beating. I keep on thinking that my heart rate is too fast or it's skipping a beat.

There was a time that I went to see a Neurologist because I thought that I was having a stroke (yes. I'm that paranoid) but she said that my blood pressure and heart rate is normal.

And now, after learning that women don't often show symptoms of heart attack (and heart burn could be a symptom of heart attack), it made me even more nervous.

And also, I have read about indigestion as a symptom. What does indigestion feel like? There are times that after eating dinner, I feel full and I can't burp or let out gas easily. Is that indigestion?

I don't know what to do now. Sorry for the silly questions.

Last edited by iKaycee; 09-10-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Heart Attack Symptoms HELP!

You are 20 . The cahnce of a heart attack affecting you is miniscule!

Your post suggests OCD or anxiety over this, and the same could easily cause the symptoms you describe. Whn I was 25 I had myself for weeks convinced I was having a heart attack because of pain 24/7 in the center of my chest. All went aways when I "spread" my ribcage outwards and fet a POP, it was all in the ribcage maybe a stuck tendon if they exist there.

Thuds are prbably palpitations, being extremely anxious can casue tehm. Having an anxiety attack can give sever chest pain.

I am not a doctor, if you are that concerned, go see one, But I really think it lies in anxity.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

iKaycee HB User
Re: Heart Attack Symptoms HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You are 20 . The cahnce of a heart attack affecting you is miniscule!

Your post suggests OCD or anxiety over this, and the same could easily cause the symptoms you describe. Whn I was 25 I had myself for weeks convinced I was having a heart attack because of pain 24/7 in the center of my chest. All went aways when I "spread" my ribcage outwards and fet a POP, it was all in the ribcage maybe a stuck tendon if they exist there.

Thuds are prbably palpitations, being extremely anxious can casue tehm. Having an anxiety attack can give sever chest pain.

I am not a doctor, if you are that concerned, go see one, But I really think it lies in anxity.

I have beaten myself for weeks over this thing. I'm stressing over my studies and my heart thing is really adding up to my worries. I have lost weight and can't sleep at night, thinking that I might not be able to wake up anymore. And there are times that I feel like that there are sensations similar to pinching in my chest area (not necessarily the left part; more like on the ribcage or in the upper part).

Reply Reply