It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

maddy449 HB User
Heavy/fast heart beat in a young person?

For the past two weeks my heart has been beating hard and fast. This is off and on. It happens if I do the simplest of movements. I work as a cashier. When I'm at work it tends to be worse were I'm constantly moving. Sunday the 9th it started and was accompanied by chest pain and a slight tingle in my left arm. I went to the hospital and they ran 1 test said I was fine sent me home. Then Monday the 10th I was on my way to work and my heart started again. It was beating harder than it had ever done. Not even when I played sports did it beat this hard. When I was almost to the doors of work I passed out. Well the doctor last night didn't run any test. He said we can't tell anything by watching the monitor here and then when they released me he hadn't ran any test at all and the nurse said he had sat and watched the monitor and at some points my heart beat would be 117. I have a hole in my heart and have since I was born but it has got worse. I don't drink caffeine, smoke or drink. I have a doctors appointment Thursday to get a "EVENT" monitor. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm 21 just so you know. So has anyone experienced this before?I'm really worried because I know something is wrong. My heart wouldn't feel like it's beating out of my chest and make me feel weak and tired as well as pass out. However I'm young and have no insurance so I think this is why the doctors are telling me I'm fine. So can anyone give me some ideas?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-16-2012 at 08:11 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to maddy449:
sjb (09-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Heavy/fast heart beat in a young person?

Greetings

Welcome to the healthboards! I am sorry for this situation in someone so young, my sympathies. in my opinion I think I might want to see a cardiologist. Sometimes patches are now being tried. I also wonder if the hole can be slightly cut around to make a surface that will stick and then sewn into place and of course the surgeon could be asked this. Also because of the passing out I would not drive, it is safer to get public or family transportation. The doctors might also be able to give special papers to help get some of the medical transportation vans. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life and is in charge of their own health care. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 09-16-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: disclaimer and welcome added. Capitalization and punctuation miss changed

Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Doctors will not lie to you becuase of your lack of insurance. They may require payment upfront if you want treatment.

I have experienced simialr, I would almost always get it in the middle of the night going to bathroom, to the point where I dreaded it. I dont recall( it was 10 years ago) if I nailed down the problem, but a few things for you to consider:
Anxiety: Even teh anxiety of fearing it happen again. I have had anxiety problems my whole life, now very under control, but they have produced symptoms of palpitations, racing heart, pounding heart, pain in chest, and tingling down arms. I even went to an emergency room once with thoese symptoms convinced of a heart attack.

Electrolytes: Too much salt or out of balance with others like potassium/magnesium. There is Low Sodium V8 vegetable juice. In place of the sodium, they use magnesium chloride and potassium chloride. Both potassium and magnesium have a calming effect on the heart. I have had enough heart issues( atrial fibrillation) and can feel a "fluttery" heart that is going to be prone to start flopping around. LSV8 helps it greatly. Just something to try

While something may be "wrong", it is not neccesarily bad....it could be something lacking or too much of something in your life. I wore one of those event monitors for 48 hours, rolling onto it when i slept and it was a PITA. When I went to the doctor for the result, he said they failed to turn it on and would need to do it again.....Ha! No thanks Just a chuckle for you, it was not all that bad.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
(male)

stavroz HB User

to much iron in your blood, i just went through the same thing, like sotm said potassium, magnesium, calcium, will all help, no salt , red meat or prosessed crap.

Last edited by stavroz; 07-29-2013 at 07:15 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to stavroz For This Useful Post:
touchmenot (07-29-2013)
Reply Reply

Tags
chest pain, fast heartrate