It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Echo Stress Test

Hello everybody. Been a long time. I had one of those echo stress tests a few months back because of my history of high cholesterol, hypertension, and recent chest pains. The doc said it absolutely ruled out coronary artery disease and my chest pain is not likely caused by angina

What I was wondering is does the echo stress test rule out problems with the heart valves and cardiomyopathy? I didn't think to ask my doc about that...

The reason I ask is because the part where you lay down on the table to do your resting echo is only a few minutes. It's not as thorough as a regular echo, where they look at your heart for a good 15-20 minutes

Old 09-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Echo Stress Test

This kind of test is about 85% accurate and gives a good overall picture of your heart.
A Cardiac Cath is the only 100% method of determining whether you have Coronary Artery Disease or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: Echo Stress Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyking View Post
This kind of test is about 85% accurate and gives a good overall picture of your heart.
A Cardiac Cath is the only 100% method of determining whether you have Coronary Artery Disease or not.
Thanks, Vyking

Reply Reply