It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
(female)

Mary2012 HB User
Radiation from cardilite stress test

Hi Guys,

I see that many of you have done the cardiolite stress test, and hope you would know more about me. I had this one done on Sp 5. The test itself was nothing scary for me, but the radioactive agent that they used was quite scary.
They told me that the radiotion that i would absorb would ne no more than a regular chest x-ray, but after i did the research it turned out that is actually way more that than. They used Technetium 99 m 34 mCi, half life 6 hours.
Does any one know how much radiation this is compared to lets say a single chest X-ray? It would be helpful if you point to me a source that i can found out by my self, if you don't have the answer handy.
Thank you, all! I wish the best of luck and health to all of us!

The following user gives a hug of support to Mary2012:
sjb (09-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Radiation from cardilite stress test

Greetings Mary 2012! My sympathies for this situation. I would eat more fruit with pectin including strawberries, apples, bananas, and more vegetables with pectin, celery, cucumber, tomatoes. I would use things with iodine unless I was very underweight such as ( maybe a tablet of it )kelp, kombu, hijiki, wakame, arame. I would use more beets, sunflower seeds, grain, dried beans, peas, sprouts, wheat grass, mung beans, lentils, olive oil, broccoli, cabbage, green leafy greens, chard, turnip greens, collard greens, rosemary, echinacea, baby mustard greens, nutritional yeast, crimini mushrooms, and spinach, garlic, onion. These foods may help absorb any radiation and or help protect against its effects to some extent. I would busy myself with things that help others. Have a nice day. Peace, sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Mary2012 (09-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
(female)

mhmommy HB User
Re: Radiation from cardilite stress test

did u ever find out how many msv?
I asked for a dose report on my pet/ct
very scary I do not have cancer but @ increased
risk now because of this study.

Reply Reply