It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

mrssal HB User
heart palipatations and abnormal ekg

First of all hi everyone and hoping you can give me some peace of mind.

I was admitted for observation Thursday night after going to the ER for heart palpitations. When they did an EKG, they said that I had a significant abnormality and I believe that I had T waves that were looping? They would be ok the first beat and then inverted the second one. I know they gave me a magnesium supplement because my levels were low and kept me overnight and did three blood draws that came back normal for heart enzymes. The cardiologist on call gave me the ok to leave and to have a stress test as an outpatient. I am 46 years old, smoke although trying to quit, and my cholesterol was 235 and sugar was 142. My heart rate was a bit elevated, but my blood pressure was good and oxygen level was always 97-98. They did not have another EKG to go by, but they did do a second one and the results were the same.

I am going to see a cardiologist but any input would be great, I am extremely concerned that this is serious.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: heart palipatations and abnormal ekg

I don't know what "looping" T waves means but I had something similar happen to me

I went to the ER for chest pain and shortness of breath. The doctor said there was an abnormality with my T Waves and they were going to keep my overnight. In the morning I had an echo stress test at the hospital and it was completely normal

I don't know how old you are but females usually don't have coronary artery disease or heart attacks until they are in their 70s. Men are the ones who can have them early in life, especially those with high cholesterol and hypertension

Hope your stress test comes out ok

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
(female)

mrssal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael949 View Post
I don't know what "looping" T waves means but I had something similar happen to me

I went to the ER for chest pain and shortness of breath. The doctor said there was an abnormality with my T Waves and they were going to keep my overnight. In the morning I had an echo stress test at the hospital and it was completely normal

I don't know how old you are but females usually don't have coronary artery disease or heart attacks until they are in their 70s. Men are the ones who can have them early in life, especially those with high cholesterol and hypertension

Hope your stress test comes out ok
Thanks I am hoping so too. I think what they meant was that my t waves were upside down instead of right side up.

I really am having no other symptoms except I know that my neck is out and my shoulder is a bit too. One good thing out of this is that I have gone from a pack and a half smoker to only 10 smokes a day

Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User

Good for you on the smokes. ^.^ I am also trying to quit. But I have tried many times to end up smoking more. I am keeping a log just to make me stop . lol

Old 09-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
(female)

mrssal HB User

Just a quick update, stress test went great and the cardiologists up in Rochester didn't see anything wrong with the EKG, so I have to work on lifestyle changes.

Wildtextspirit, I am finding that the ecigarette is helping me out immensely in cutting down, you just have to make sure you get the ones that have nicotine in them.

Last edited by mrssal; 09-30-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: put wrong word

The following user gives a hug of support to mrssal:
wildtexspirit (09-30-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mrssal For This Useful Post:
wildtexspirit (09-30-2012)
Reply Reply