It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

davlin75 HB User
Atrial Fibrilation & Implanted Monitors

**Hello Everyone! I was diagnosed with A-Fib on 11/30/12. Have been & out of A-Fib off & on ever since. My problem started from my thyroid meds not being regulated properly. Don't know how long I had been in A-Fib but possibly I had been in A-Fib so long that now I have a problem with my heart. My Dr wants to put in an implantable monitor to see how often I am out of rhythm & see if they can determine the problem. I may have to have the ablation surgery. Don't know yet. I just wanted to see if anyone on the board has an implanted monitor & is dealing with W-Fib. If anyone has any info they can give me I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks, have a great day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Atrial Fibrilation & Implanted Monitors

Greetings, I hope the needed support and comfort is found my sympathies. A person might try drinking plenty of water and making sure he is not dehydrated because the heart speeds up to push the lowered volume of blood through. At least 6.25 cups or more water is needed for every 100 pounds of body weight per day. Water should be freely taken especially in hot weather. For some people the ablation procedure is at least partly effective. I would at least find out all risks with the procedure before having it done. Of course all health decisions one makes are their own and each person is in charge of their own health care. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply