It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
(male)

JackBlack2012 HB User
Anyone with heart valve problems?

I'm curious to know if anyone here has been diagnosed with a heart valve problem.

I'm convinced I have one, although my echocardiogram test I took a couple months ago came back "fine".

The symptom I have right now is like a huge sliver going into my heart where the blood goes in. Before I've described it as an "air bubble" sensation inside of my heart. Something obstructing the blood flow. Sometimes I feel like taking a plunger to my heart and just RAMMING whatever's in there out.

The most concerning symptom, though, is this "gushing" like feeling in the bottom of my heart. Incredibly difficult to describe. Like a gush of blood going in accompanied by air bubbles, or a bunch of "goo".

When I look at heart valve disorders they talk about "regurgitation". That could possibly describe the sensation I have.

Anyone here have these symptoms and get diagnosed?

Old 09-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Anyone with heart valve problems?

Jack, I've had regurgitation in all four of my heart values, for many years, the worst being my tricuspid valve. I have never had any symptons that I can relate to my heart valve problems, possibly due to other, more serious damage to my heart. Perhaps if I only had the valve disease, I would be more able to detect the symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBlack2012 View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone here has been diagnosed with a heart valve problem.

I'm convinced I have one, although my echocardiogram test I took a couple months ago came back "fine".
It takes significant education and training to properly read and diagnose an echo, however, regurgitation sticks out on an echo like a sore thumb, and also can be detected thru a stethoscope.

Were any of the readings from your echo below or above normal ranges? What did your echo report say about your valves? Were there any entries regarding regurgitation? Any entries on your echo summary report that caught your attention?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
(male)

JackBlack2012 HB User
Re: Anyone with heart valve problems?

Thanks for the response. My cardiologist didn't go into any details whatsoever on the echocardiogram. All he did was say "your heart's fine".

I'm in the process of getting my medical records from the clinic so I can see the exact details of the test.

Reply Reply