It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

anjeweleyez01 HB User
cardiomegaly???

I went to the ER on Wednesday because I was having chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, arms and fingers tingling. I was there the last week for the same reason they gave me ct scans, blood test, chest X-ray.
They couldn't find out what was wrong with me.

When I went back to the ER on Wednesday the first thing the doctor said was that my heart was a little large on the xray from last week and I had to get a echo. So after waiting an hour after the echo he said," your valves are fine, but you need to get a primary doctor". Then walked away. I am scared because there are different reasons why my heart could be enlarged, right? I'm going to a doctors office they recommended me to so I could see a cardiologist. This has me worried because my grand mom died of an heart attack and she had congenital heart disease with 5 bypasses. Any advice??? Has anyone dealt with this???

Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: cardiomegaly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjeweleyez01 View Post
... So after waiting an hour after the echo he said," your valves are fine, but you need to get a primary doctor". Then walked away. I am scared because there are different reasons why my heart could be enlarged, right? ...
A doctor really cannot be too accurate diagnosing an enlarged heart thru an xray.

That said, did you have an echo? If so, what was on the summary report from the Echocardiogram? Did you get a copy? It shows valve function; and important heart measurements.

If you did not get a copy of the echo results, you might want to get a copy.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 09-29-2012 at 10:19 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
anjeweleyez01 (10-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply