It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

anjeweleyez01 HB User
Working Restrictions!!!!

I work in the kitchen lifting, pulling, pushing, standing for hours, and I wasn't told that I had any restrictions but I would think it would be obvious like, no heavy lifting.

Did you have work restrictions when you learned of your heart problem? Did you have to reduce your hours? Or even quit?

The following user gives a hug of support to anjeweleyez01:
sjb (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Working Restrictions!!!!

Greetings! My sympathies and welcome to the heart disorder healthboards! I hope the needed comfort and support is found. I would agree there should be no heavy lifting since many doctors feel the heart valves are sometimes ruined with heavy lifting especially if breathing and the technique is improper. I would discuss it with a cardiologist if needed for work purpose. Of course everyone makes all of their own healthcare decisions in life and is in charge of their own health care.

Exercise such as walking and other activities however often are not restricted because it is healthy to get exercise and activity. One person ran after having a heart attack against doctors orders and felt better afterward for having done so. I think personally walking briskly is more appropriate. Dietary restrictions might also be important such as avoiding animal products, and heavy amounts of fat, grease oil or sugar. Avoiding alcohol and tobacco are also important for heart health. I would drink a proper amount of water freely such as at least 50 ounces of water for every 100 pounds of weight. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 10-02-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: disclaimer added

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
anjeweleyez01 (10-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply