It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
(female)

Teresa110 HB User
Tiredness and CHF

I have had CHF for 8 years now. Recently received an ICD about a year ago. I am extremely tired and can sleep until mid afternoon. Still tired thoroughout the rest of the day. Blood work is normal. I get out of breath if i ge tup too fast, bend over, reach or get out of a car. The unit is working as it should , But at night I need the fan on for the circulation of air. Have use two pillows as well.
Can you explain the tiredness please.
Oct. 7/12 5:05am

Last edited by mod85; 10-07-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
re: Tiredness and CHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaKChild View Post
I have had CHF for 8 years now.
I am sorry that you have had to struggle with CHF for 8 years. I'm close to 70 and have had the unpleasant struggle with CHF for over 25 years.

What kind of blood pressure readings do you typically get during the day?

What is your Ejection Fraction?

What were the measurements and evaluations from your latest Echocardiogram Summary Report?

Quote:
Blood work is normal.
Congratulations! That is good news! It means that there is no associative organ or gland damage. Did you have your CRP or your High Sensitivity NT Pro BNP tested? If so, what were the results?

Quote:
Recently received an ICD about a year ago.

I am extremely tired and can sleep until mid afternoon. Still tired thoroughout the rest of the day.

I get out of breath if i get up too fast, bend over, reach or get out of a car.

The unit is working as it should , But at night I need the fan on for the circulation of air. Have use two pillows as well.
Can you explain the tiredness please.
Tiredness and breathing problems are typical of CHF and can be worsened by the medication. Did your tiredness and breathing problems only start last year, after you had the ICD surgery?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Machaon:
Teresa110 (10-07-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
Teresa110 (10-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
(female)

Teresa110 HB User
Thumbs up re: Tiredness and CHF

thank you all for your comments. I don't know if we have all the same tests up here in Canada, but I'm going to my Cardiac Care Unit appointment the end of Oct. and I'll take a copy of this. Thanks again for such a quick response.
Teresa Sun Oct. 7 3:51p

Old 10-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
(female)

Teresa110 HB User
re: Tiredness and CHF

I just did a reply but I don't see it anywhere. So thank you for your quick response. The tests you have mentioned may not be available here in Canada. So I will take a copy of this message to my cardiac care appointment end of month. |Thanks again
.Teresa Sun oct 7 4:01p

Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Tiredness and CHF

Hi Teresa.

If you don't mind the questions, did your tiredness and breathing problems only start last year, after you had the ICD surgery? In other words, did you suffer from tiredness and breathing problems prior to your surgery to have the ICD implanted?

Why did you get an ICD?

Do you take your blood pressure readings at home? In my opinion, keeping one's blood pressure at healthy levels, all the time, is the key to surviving CHF and many other serious health problems. That is why it is so important to record one's blood pressure at home, and make necessary lifestyle changes, and medicine changes, in order to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.

I hope that you are doing well today and are sleeping well!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Reply Reply