It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
(male)

RightAnswerPlz HB User
Left Arm Pain means I have to go to the Bathroom

I am 25 years old.
I weigh 220 pounds.
I have been to the doctors and the ER a million times in my lifetime.
I've had cardiologist visits which I've done MULTIPLE EKGs, ECHOs, I've done a treadmill stress test, Iv'e also done a heart monitor for 24 hours.

I've been to a GI and had an endoscope done as well, a little acid in my stomach.

Anyway, I get chest pain from time to time, but what's been happening thats weird is new.
Although I've had left arm pain for years and have complained about it to multiple doctors, they say my heart is fine
*i am on blood pressure medication and also Anxiety medication.

But now whats been happening is I get severe left arm pain and immediately I have to go to the bathroom and poop. Ummm, that's weird right?

I have been burping quite a bit frequently too.
So I believe that this might be a symptom of GERD or Acid Reflux, But left arm pain and then having to use the bathroom?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Left Arm Pain means I have to go to the Bathroom

It is referred pain. The nerve that goes down through your chest to your lower organs carries the pain signal and "dumps" it along the route. So you feel it there. Referred pain only happens between the source and the brain, never the other way. Weird, huh? Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Left Arm Pain means I have to go to the Bathroom

Greetings Rightanswerplz! I hope the answers are found. My sympathies for this situation. There are probably a few scenarios that could be checked such as Arnold-Chiari malformation or an impingement on a nerve in the intervertebral disc areas. If the height of a person is short then the weight shown may be pressing down on the nerves. I would check to be sure to maintain the correct weight for height on the body weight charts. I would also drink plenty of water because this helps fill the disc spaces to lift the vertabrae off the nerve if in fact this is the case. I hope this is helpful. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 10-11-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: additions made

Reply Reply