It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
(female)

sara89251 HB User
are there anymore tests that can be done?

hi,
I have been having health problems for about 3 years now and it is seriously affecting my life. I am 27 female and a healthy weight. My symptoms are:
weakness in legs and heart pounding, especially walking up even a couple of stairs.
extreme dizziness made worse by any sort of exercising even walking.
mid abdominal pain and left side abdominal pain.
lower back and sometimes mid back pain, sometimes only on my left side.
strong palpations especially on my abdominal area (even when resting).
get out of breath very easily.
Always exhausted
pressure around left side of head and around left eye and it also sometimes swells.
I have also been collapsing it can happen at any time. It starts off with unbearable pain in my mid abdominal area and spreads round to left shoulder and back then my legs get so weak that i cant stand.

I have had an echo and a holter monior for 5 days. They said the only thing it should was a mild thickening of the valve (not sure which one) and sinus arrithymia narrow complex tachycardia. The cardiologist sent the results to my gp and said theres no need for any further treatment and discharged me.
I have been to my gp and she basically said there's nothing she can do and there's no further tests they can do.

I have also had an mri of the head and cervical spine without contrast and it showed nothing. I've had FBC, thyroid, glucose, electrolytes, bone profile blood tests and they all come back as normal. I have also had a lung function test and thats normal too.

What can i do now, I can't carrying on feeling like this I know there's something wrong with my body but they said they can't do anything else. I know i shouldn't feel like this especially at my age. I used to go running now I can't walk without getting exhausted and dizzy.

thanks in advance.
sara

Last edited by sara89251; 10-11-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
(female)

karina29 HB User
Re: where do i go from here?

You sound like you're on a very similar path to mine. I've been having extreme lightheadedness, chest pain, upper back pain, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, headaches, fatigue, and just feeling pain awful for almost 2 years now. I've been to pulmonologists, cardiologists, internal medicine doctors, neurologists and no one can figure it out. All my tests came back normal, except for holter monitor showed tachycardia of 100 to 150 bpm at various times of the day. Was told it is nothing to worry about. However, very recently I had a second pulmonary function test. The first one was completely normal, but now a year later, my function is half of what it was. After a CT angiogram of my lungs, again, was told they cannot find what is causing all these symptoms. I had to quit work, quit most physical activity. The lightheadedness and feeling like I could pass out at any moment is the worst thing to deal with. It is all so frustrating because I know there is something wrong! It is not stress, or depression, or whatever else doctors have used when they have no other explanation. I am going to be having a third pulmonary function test later this month because they want to see if the second one was an "error". I know it was not because it captured perfectly how I feel much of the time. I just hope they do find something so they can hopefully treat it. Your subject line sums up how I feel exactly. I think you just need to keep going back and back to your doctors and keep telling them something is not right. That's why I have been doing and so far, they are still looking .....

Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
(male)

man648 HB User
Re: are there anymore tests that can be done?

I would certainly get another medical opinion beyond where you have been seen. I have been plagued with arrhythmias for most of my life and it just refuse to go away. I see a cardiologist at least every 6 month. Hang in there and seek more opinions.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
(female)

sara89251 HB User

hi karina29,
It's so reassuring to hear someone else is going through the same thing as me. The doctors have been saying the exact same thing as me it must be stress, or anxiety just because they can't think of anything else it could be. I asked if there were more tests they can do and she said no, come on there must be loads more tests they can do!
I am gettin worse everyday simple tasks like hairdrying my hair make me really warn out, surely that's not normal. I nearly give up and thought i'm just going to have to live like this because i feel like I am constantly nagging the doctors. But my partner said I shouldn't have to put up with this and I should keep going back.
I hope you find out what's causing your health problems too.
man648- did they give you any medication for the arrthymia? the cardiologist just discharged me and said he won't need to see me again.

thank you both for replying

Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: are there anymore tests that can be done?

You need to get set up with a cardiologist. GP is not the greatest of people to see for serious heart problems. You need to be seen and need someone who can answer your questions. You have to been seen and checked by another cardio and I wish you a lot of luck. Be sure to do it quickly, it would be for your peace of mind.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
(female)

karina29 HB User

Hi Sara
I am not giving up and I hope you don't either. We know our bodies best. For the better part of two years, all the doctors were saying they could find nothing, so it must be anxiety. However, just in the last 3 months, tests are starting to show up abnormal!! After my abnormal pulmonary function test in August (the second one I'd had), they gave me a cardiac catherization and they were quite perplexed by a finding of "high 02 saturation" in one part of my heart. No one has been able to explain this. Doctors talked about a possible venous problem but have yet to come up with something concrete. They now want me to do the pulm. function test for the third time. I'll post again if I find out anything that could be helpful to you. It's absolutely frustrating to live this way. I feel so sick most of the time that I don't want to do anything. I used to be quite athletic, had a good job. I hate when doctors say "stress" when they cannot come up with anything else. I know I feel physically ill !! Good luck with your journey. I hope you post again if you doctors come up with anything.

Reply Reply