It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
(male)

Pato HB User
Coping with SVT

My Arrythmia has been getting me down a bit of late and I wonder how others cope with them. I have had them for a couple of years and they have never bothered me but lately it has become quite annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Coping with SVT

My heart NEVER wants to beat correctly, but I keep my arrhythmias "mostly" in check, thru Digoxin, thru diet and thru avoiding things that stimulate or irritate my heart, such as caffeine, cigarette smoke, chemicals, VOCs, high glycemic carbs, etc.

It is not easy to cope with heart and arrhythmia problems. We not only have to cope with the arrhythmia problems, we've got to cope with the unpleasant side effects from the medications.

I've got permanent Atrial Fibrillation. That means that the top part of my heart is constantly gyrating like a bowl of jello. Fortunately, I am not aware of this happening. And, as long as my heart does not get agitated or irritated, the AFib does not spread towards my ventricles, and all is OK.

What meds are you taking to keep your arrhythmias in check?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 10-15-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I know just what you mean about arrythmia, it's so discouraging. I felt like a walking time bomb for many years, just not knowing when the arrythmia would hit and I would need to go to the ER. I had an ablation four years ago, and it helped but was not the perfect fix the doctor expected (AV nodal reentrant tachy). After the ablation I went on a calcium channel blocker, Verapamil. I was so resistant to going on meds, but I have had rare arrythmias since, and my heart reverts back to normal rhythm within 30 minutes now. No ER visits.
All I can really recommend is to reduce any caffeine consumption, and if your arrythmia is not exercise-induced, start exercising. I am not an advocate for taking medication for everything, but in this case, it has made me life SO much more manageable. I wish you the best.

Last edited by slenderella; 10-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
(male)

Pato HB User

Thankyou both for your helpful comments. I am avoiding anything that is inclined to aggrivate the problem. I think a lot of my trouble is caused by stress and I guess I am the only one that can tackle it. I appreciate your comments. Cheers.

Reply Reply