It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
(male)

GoBlue24 HB User
Could this be heart-related?

Hey all,

So, a little about me. I'm a 23 year old competitive bodybuilder and have lifted weights and been healthy my entire life. My diet includes all-natural foods, lots of water, vitamins, and hardly any alcohol. I don't have any history of sicknesses at all, and neither does my family. No family heart problems, either.

What has been bothering me for the past three and a half months is phlegm and every now and then coughing. My nose will run a lot and every now and then when I blow my nose there's blood. More recently, about a month or so ago, I noticed that when I went to the doctor(for my cough) I had elevated blood pressure. It usually is between 125-145. My bottom number is healthy and well below 80. So, there's high blood pressure that I've just been noticing the past month. I've also been noticing strong heart palpitations, especially when I walk around an am active. These have been going on for about a month. I had to stop working out because I would feel too dizzy during the exercises.

So, about a week or so before my sinus problems started(the coughing, phlegm, etc) I tried cocaine for the first time. It didn't affect me at all, actually. I didn't do a ton of it and I walked away and didn't it again for about 2 months. I tried it again about 1.5 months later and same thing, no result. Than I tried it again, for the last time, about a month or so ago. This time I felt it EXTREMELY. I could feel my heart pounding and I began to have problems swallowing. I went to the hospital and they did a heart X-Ray and EKG, and everything checked out fine. They said I was okay. I haven't used it since then nor do I ever plan to, even the thought of the experience makes me sick to my stomach(not literally).

So now, within the past 1.5 weeks I've been having a very hard time breathing during certain times of the day. It will randomly happen.
I've had a Chest X-ray, Chest cat scan, EKG, and blood and urine work multiple times and they all came back negative as to if they think I have heart problems. I'm curious though, what COULD it be? I have always been so healthy. This is really starting to scare me. Someone please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Could this be heart-related?

Im so sorry that this is happening. Just a few thoughts. Did they(drs) ever confirm sinus problems with sinus xrays? Also with moving around alot you get pounding heart & dizziness, short of breath. Right? With the heart workup did you have a stress test or an echocardiogram(ultrasound of the heart). Rarely, cocaine can affect heart with damage. These tests would check valves & heart muscle. Also show what your ekg or rhythym of heart looks like with exertion instead of lying down. You may then feel like more complete tests of heart has been done. I hope you are back to your old self again soon!

Reply Reply