It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Question Tachycardia (Rapid Heart Beat) After Endoscopy

My normal heart rate is in the 70's to 80's. I had an endoscopy on the 5th of September and since then, my heart rate has been in the 90's to 100's. My doctor is now concerned. I just had a stress test which came back normal. I also had blood work which also came back normal. She wants me to now have an echo cardiogram and have a visit with a cardiologist.

Has anyone experienced a rapid heart rate after anesthesia and actually have it remain elevated after a month and a half??

I'm beginning to be concerned myself!!

Thank you for any replies.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
(female)

kise889 HB User
Re: Tachycardia (Rapid Heart Beat) After Endoscopy

hmm this is interesting im also concerned about endoscopy because i have tachy and palp. maybe its the anesthesia, drugs, or something that they did during the endoscopy which caused your stomach to acting up since it could cause your heart problem also. anyway did you take beta blocker?
also i noticed that some people are more sensitive to anesthesia than others and take longer to get it out of their system :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User

My cardiologist doesn't think it was the anesthesia during my endo. I'm having all these tests and my ticker looks good thus far. Probably menopause

Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
(female)

peachychou HB User

interesting because although i have not had anesthesia before, i can tell you that having gastritis and esophageal ulcers, my heart rate has been so fast ever since. when i get bad acid reflux, my heart rate goes crazy. even just eating can really set palps off and since having digestive issues I've been battling tachycardia and near fainting as a result. there's no solid proof but i think it is connected. I've been on beta blockers ever since receiving triple antibiotic therapy, still trying to get an answer as to why. maybe they literally hit a nerve, in your case, vagus nerve, interconnect the stomach and heart. take care.

Reply Reply