It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

lirose HB User
Unhappy Pericarditis

Back in May of 2012 I was diagnosed with Pericarditis. I was put on several drugs and then prednisone. Every time I tapered down my prednisone, I start having the chest pains and shortness of breath again. Anyone else with this problem?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Pericarditis

Is there a reason you has tapered down the med prednisone? You should never do anything without talking to the doctor first. There are some meds that has the same reaction when dosage is lowered. Talk with the doctotr before doing this again. Please. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

mr429 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirose View Post
Back in May of 2012 I was diagnosed with Pericarditis. I was put on several drugs and then prednisone. Every time I tapered down my prednisone, I start having the chest pains and shortness of breath again. Anyone else with this problem?
YES! How are you doing now? I have been diagnosed with chronic pericarditis since original onset in 2/11. Every time I taper the prednisone (I take 5mg twice a day), following my doctor's orders, no matter how slowly, I have a pericarditis relapse. I also have random relapses that respond to doubling my dosage for 3 days and then returning to 10mg. I also take orencia, methotrexate, plaquenil, celebrex and lots of supplements.
My primary diagnosis is seronegative rheumatoid arthritis.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
(female)

lirose HB User
Smile Re: Pericarditis

I am no longer on Predinsone. Im a diabetic and it really raises my blood sugars. My doc says I still have a small amount of fluid around the heart. But I have no symptoms. I am taking Plaquenil. He told me it could come back for no reason.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Has your Dr figured out why you have pericarditis? It is usually associated with some underlying condition. If that condition is identified and then treated, then the pericarditis may not recur. I would see what testing was done to seek a reason for the pericarditis.

Reply Reply