It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

srussells HB User
Skipped beats and low pulse rats

I have been having skipped heart beats and low resting heart rate for about a year now. I am not very active. There really seems to be no ryme or reason to them. I have had my thyroid checked, echocardiogram, nuclear stress test and 48 hour holter monitor. They have all come back fine. My heart never seems to be having palps or low heart rate while at the the doctor. The doctor keeps saying im fine but the symptoms still remain and its getting tougher to deal with. Anyone else going through this or offer advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Skipped beats and low pulse rats

I assume your blood pressure is ok. Hi,and welcome! This is very frustrating to you i'm sure. When you had tests did the dr say anything about PVC'S? The low heartrate is what number? Very hsrd to cstch if it is runs of bradycardia(low heart rate<60 beats per minute). If you continue to hsve skipped beats write them down with the time, duration & what you were doing when it happens. Then, the dr may order another halter monitor.I hope it stops & you can just get back to living without having to take your pulse! You might ask the pharmacists if any of the medicine, vitamins, supplements can cause arrythmias or slow pulse. Thete are alot of very supportive & knowledgable people on this site. Be sure to tell your dr that they arent stopping. If he doesnt listen, get your records( so you dont have to repeat all testing) and look for a new dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
(male)

srussells HB User

My blood pressure is normal 120/70 and my heart rate usually hangs out in the 50's somewhere. The doctor didn't say anything about pvc's but all the research I've done say that is exactly what's happening.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
(female)

DrummerGirl60 HB User

I have similar symptoms...Palpitations, the need to take in deep breaths while having palpitations. However, I did have a positive nuclear stress test as well as an EKG that showed a slight problem. An angiogram was performed with no clogged arteries. These attacks come and go. I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse a year ago, yet while I was at the hospital the docs never looked back into it and the symptoms are identical to mine and to your. Did you have an ultrasound performed on your heart? I pray that God will give us both an answer and heal our bodies..Amen. God bless...Valerie.

The following user gives a hug of support to DrummerGirl60:
dakotamama (11-08-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

I would call drs office & ask if the occasional pvc showed up on ekg, stress tests or halter. If yes, ask how many. If no, it wasnt caught. Pvc's mean premature ventricular contraction. PAC'S are premature atrial contractions. They are intermittent. Can indicate thyroid probs, coronary artery disease, valve disorders, heart failure. You were tested and had none of these. Low potassium, antihistamines, decongestants, caffeine, stress,OTC diet aids, alcohol & nicotine are triggers. Healthy people have them occasionally. Be careful with potassium supplements. Too high dangerous. Better to eat banana daily or o j. Were you ever an athelete? They can have low pulse. If the skipping is frequent or lasts longer than 5 - 10 minutes straight without stopping, Call your dr. Usually if triggers stopped they stop. Diagnosis is by ekg. Hopefully this will stop. You havent ever had chest pain right?

Old 10-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
(male)

srussells HB User

Well now ever sense Monday I have been having dizziness. My blood pressure is running about 115/65 and my pulse usually hangs out somewhere in the 50's. I have also started working out with my gazelle for about 40 minutes a day. This is getting crazy!

Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Whoa! You could be having artrial fib with dizziness. How are you counting your pulse manually or by machine? If your BP is low & your pulse low you need to see dr.Echo to check ejection fraction,EKG, another halter, because maybe its normal, maybe its a nondangerous rhythm, or maybe a dangerous rhythym? Atrial fib will feel @ wrist whenever counting it weak & so fast hard to count. Cant trust machines with counting pulse.IMHO. You need to know with dizziness if your heart is beating effectively enough to get blood to brain. A fib can cause clots that can stick in legs, heart, brain. Get evaluated unless you can feel bounding regular pulse at your wrist everytime & then i would still see dr again. Cardiologist, best one you can reasonably get to. Reason: some people get Rheumatoid arthritis of heart or lupus & need pacemaker. So, dont fool with this anymore. I would call my friends that have heart probs & get name of great cardio guy! Just what i would do or E.R. if dizzy & fast pulse. Are you taking care of potassium yet?
Thanks gmakp.s. im so sorry that this is happenening to you, i sure hope it is ok. Take care. Dont mess around anymore until they find cause. Stop exertion until you get a good report. So hope you do. Best to you gmak

Last edited by gmak; 10-27-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: ps & mistakes typing

Reply Reply