It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

Sarahjean00 HB User
PVC and questions

Sometimes pvc's take over my head and today's one of those days.
I was having PVC's way back along time ago was told to stop drinking caffeine so I did I have not drank any caffeine since 07 they performed a echo and my heart was normal and that was that. Last year in October I started having heart palpitations like crazy,again. every second I thought I was going to drop dead and i was monitoring my pulse every minute. I went to my mom who insisted it was anxiety I tried telling her and everyone I'm not stressed and I don't have anxiety please believe me. I woke up one am and just said I'm not dealing with this any longer and went to the er. I had my mom feel my pulse and she finally felt ' the skip' a pause like feeling. They did an EKG and put me one holter even though they felt it was needed. I called the cardio dept and asked what my strips were showing since the holter company can't tell you N sure enough I was having pvc's and a lot!

I went and saw a cardiologist who reviewed my strips from 07 and the ones from 2011 he said nothing seems to be of concern and I went in thinking I was getting an echo but he said he would not let me waste the money. I wanted one desperately. He did an EKG and it was normal he gave me the clear and that was that. Today my pvc's are non- existent and I just don't get it. Where did these things go and why do they come and go when they please.

My questions 1) why was I having pvc's and now I don't have them 2) I plan on children in the future and I'm desperately afraid to get pregnant because of my pvc's causing problems
Any insight would be great.. Thx I am. 25/f

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarahjean00 For This Useful Post:
dakotamama (11-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
(female)

dakotamama HB Userdakotamama HB User
Re: PVC and questions

I'm having one of those "taking over my head" days. Like you, mine started out of nowhere. I've been to the ER more times than I care to admit, and have had all the tests and blood work multiple times. The PACs/PVCs have shown up on both my 48 Holter monitor read out, and they've seen them on my 30-day event monitor, but like you, weren't concerned. I've had the EKGs, echo's, and even a stress test. All normal. Or normal enough for them not to worry. I've been told they may go away as quickly as they came, because they have no idea what started them.

Other than a stolen sip or two of my husband's soda, I haven't had a cup of caffeine since I had my gall bladder removed 5 1/2 years ago. I have had 1/4 glass of wine in the last 4 months (and generally only drank one night a month before then). It never happens when I'm working out.

Here's what I've been told: some people grow into out, and many grow out of it. We don't know what starts it, or why it stops, but it might. I'm holding onto that for dear life, along with the thought that I don't want this to CONTROL my life. I'd talk to your cardiologist about the pregnancy; hopefully it will all work out. Prayers to you!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
(female)

Sarahjean00 HB User
Re: PVC and questions

Our stories sound so much alike! I've only had the pvc's no pac's. its hard when you have bad days but so wonderful when you can go days with forgetting about them. Hopefully I've out grown them.. that would be the best! My prayers are with you also. Thank you so much for taking time to write you made my day that much better! Cheers to being pvc free!!

Reply Reply