It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
(male)

scoobydoo123 HB User
Thumbs down Worried about heart palpitations

Hey so here's my story and I'm sure its similar to a lot of others, but recently it's been acting up.

Probably started around 2 years ago I noticed a funny feeling coming from my heart. The best way to describe it would be an early beat...pause...then a much larger beat almost as if my heart waited a second then had one big pump. I tried taking my own pulse and noticed that there was in fact a pause in my beating due to this "early beat" but I never knew what it was.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this same feeling and if so what it was? I've gone to a cardiologist and was given tests but they were never able to catch it, nor could I catch it with the heart monitor at home.

The reason I'm worried is that today for almost an entire day and this past weekend I've been getting this heart palpitation and it hasn't gone away . It makes it very uncomfortable to sleep as I'm worried I may not wake up (it doesn't help that a friend of a friend passed away in his sleep at 19 recently due to an undiagnosed heart condition). I'm only 22 and have been an athlete all my life though I just got employed and haven't been as active lately. I was just looking for more info.

Ruh Roh...and thanks if you can help me out

**quick note, I forgot to add that every time I get this heart palpitation I get a jolt of adrenaline, whether that is a direct physical correlation or because I'm nervous I'm not sure.

Last edited by scoobydoo123; 10-22-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
(female)

Sarahjean00 HB User
Re: Worried about heart palpitations

How long did you wear the monitor for? They weren't catching mine but then they put me on one for a month and they eventually showed. If it would make you feel better ask your primary to get you into another cardiologist or the same one and see what he/she suggest. Your symptoms sound like mine I was having benign pvc's which I haven't had for a while now. I understand your anxiety I was the same way. I Finally just told myself I can't let these control my life, but I also got cleared and had an echo. I'm surprised they didn't want to do an echo in the first place to make sure the structure of the heart was normal.did you have an echo?? Like I said I had ur symptoms and my heart was fine. It Deff is the scariest feeling if all ur tests came back normal then you are fine it may be benign pvc's or pacs? I'm not diagnosing lol! Good luck

Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
(male)

scoobydoo123 HB User
Smile Re: Worried about heart palpitations

Honestly I had the monitor for a month, but the palpitations just didn't happen during that time frame. I'm pretty sure the doctor ran me through a series of tests and did an Echo. Although I'm not doctor, they used the "gel" and used the ultrasonic waves to look at my heart so I'm fairly certain that was an echo cardiogram.

Thank you for taking time to respond to this post. I did have tests and I was cleared, but yesterday and the day before they just occurred non-stop and I wanted to see if that was normal. I woke up today and haven't had that feeling but we'll see if they come back. You're right, I can't let this run my life because it only adds more stress (which causes it I think).

Reply Reply

Tags
flutter, heart, palpitation, worried, young