It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
(male)

bvde81 HB User
Exclamation Short PR interval

Hi my names Alex and I am a 20 year old male. 5 foot 7 inches, 135 pounds and fairly healthy.
In December last year I was doing some cardio exercise when my heart all of the sudden went into a very rapid beat, about 210 bpm. My GP thought it was SVT and referred me to a cardiologist. My cardiologist thought I had wolf parkinson white syndrome and organized for me to have an electrophysiology study. I had the study done in July but unfortunately they were not able to recreate any irregular rhythm and therefore they did not do the planned ablation. I had a holter monitor after that for a weak but I had no symptoms so it didn't show anything. My cardiologist now just wants to lead it but I still have episodes of fast heart rate, lightheadedness and shortness of breath. I've had many resting ecg's some are normal and some I have a shoe PR interval (Bout 112ms).
What could this mean? That I sometimes have a normal rhythm and then sometimes have a short PR. Does this happen to anyone else?
Also, I know this might sound silly, but lately my heart feels very weak, like I can barely feel it beating by putting my hand over my chest, and I used to always be able to. Also when I'm falling asleep now, my body gets a tingling sensation and it wakes me in shock

Reply Reply

Tags
heart, sleep, weak, wpw